Wednesday 2 August 2017

Hallyusurfer Top 11 performance from Produce 101 S2

Please note that this is MY personal preference, of course you can't completely agree with me.




1. Shape of You by Center of You

The most memorable stage ever! I remember the first time i watched the stage, I was so in awed at the performance. It was perfection and I am sad none of them debut with Wanna One. Noh Tae Hyun is amazing. Please support HotShot. They just released Jelly and it's good!

2. Open Up by Knock

It's impossible not to love Kang Daniel after this performance. I know YongGuk is the center but Kang daddies were super duper hot. That thigh grabbing choreo by Kang Daniel is so sexy, Yoo Seonho shouldn't be allowed to be on the same stage. Jo HakNyeon, Im Young Min and Yoo Seonho may not originally chosen to do Open Up, I thought it worked out well for them. I really like DongHo in this song, I can't imagine anyone else does this song. Kenta is so different in this song, never thought he would suit the song but National producer did him good!

3. Always by Top 20

This song is so beautifully sad, my heart hurts! I really love how it marks the end of the show flawlessly. When I saw Minki and Seonho teared up, I want nothing more than to hug them.. poor babies.

4. I'm not the one you used to know by No Name

This song is my jam! I really like SMTM5 version but this is just as good! er Bewhy fans don't kill me. Woo Jin Young part is catchy but Lee Eui Woong threw me off guard. That kid can rap! Of course Sanggyunie is the big brother of the team did it flawlessly! The only regret that the team had Ha Min Ho.....who actually won 1st place. whaaaat. Editing was good but I really want to know how he won over Woo Jin Young AND Kim Sang Gyun??


5. Finale Pick Me, It's Me

Of course I had to pick the representative song! Pick Me, It's Me is a good production. I know it's like filled with a little arrogance (in Korean the feel is more apparent) but I like it's not as cringe worthy like the previous season. The finale is my top pick because Kang Daniel is the center!! He looks so good as center and I'm so glad he is the ultimate center!


6. Oh Little Girl by Slate

Although the genre is hip hop, the concept of the song is really cute. I thought the members are suits the song very well! Jung Se Woon as main vocal was a good choice and I like how the group seems like best friends. If I need a pick me up song, this song will be the one I search for because it's so bright and happy. I'm so proud to see Bae Jin Young shines in this song. Previously he was so painfully shy but he blossom in this song.

7. Never by Nation's Son

Ahh.. maybe the one that people would disagree on my list. I just like Open Up and Oh Little Girl better! The highlight of the song is definitely when Kim Jae Hwan belts out while the rest on their knees! It was such an awesome movements.


8. Playing with Fire by 119

I actually like this rendition better than the original! It's more powerful and the stage presence of each members shines a lot. Lee Dae Hwi with the confetti, Jung Se Woon should always have a guitar, DIVA Choi MinKI is exploding with charisma and Dongho.. is just so manly, I never thought he would pick a female song and made it his own!

9. Downpour by NiNaNo

Kim Jae Hwan and Ha Sung Woon vocals is pure bliss. Yoon Ji Sung and Hwang Min Hyun clear, soft and stable vocals supports the two powerhouse and not forgetting our Hyunbin adds flavors to the whole vibe. While Hyunbin would be better off in rap, I'm glad he choose to do this song because it made the song more memorable.

10. Hands On Me

It's actually tie with Super hot, don't make me pick. It's only 10 because it had more members from Wanna One. Lyrics are sexy without being too obvious. I don't like the harmonization in this song, I think Bass part is too loud. I prefer Sewoon and Kim Jae Hwan only control the harmonization.

11. Super Hot

Honestly this isn't my kind of song, I do like happy song but I prefer if it was more cute than fun. Im Young Min part is too good to ignore! Megaton Bomb is iconic. Whether you like the song or not, you would find yourself humming to the song after listening to it even once.

1 comment:

Amara James said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...