Wednesday 29 March 2017

Voice Review

This is my first completed drama of the year!

Voice is a mystery thriller drama starring Jang Hyuk (Beautiful Mind) and Lee Hana (Unkind Women). The drama is about a talented policewoman specialize in call center. The two main character is connected with a case involving the lives of their love ones. They team up to solve the serial murder case in a team called Golden Time.

Lee Hana's character Kwon Joo is akin to Park Do Young character in Another Oh Hae Young, where she uses her hearing talent to listen sound details. What impress me that how the director made it seem realistic. Park Do Young felt supernatural, which isn't odd because the drama has a fantasy element but the director uses the talent in a way that it doesn't make it seem unrealistic. My favorite personality trait from Kwon Joo is that she is a firm lady that gets work done. Even when she face critical moment, she is able to stay calm and focus on saving victims.

On the surface, Jang Hyuk's character Jin Hyuk is like his nickname "Crazy Dog". There were few moments that made me scared that he was going to do what he said he would. Jin Hyuk has a strong character that I think is very admirable. He would uses his strength but he would not cross the line.
I think this is the best character played by Jang Hyuk thus far, I believed that if Jin Hyuk existed in real life, we would have a safer world to live.

This drama is heavily censored to my dismay. I actually felt so bad for the make up team and props team because I read from interviews from the actors claiming how realistic the props and make up done. I'd say some story may lead to nightmare even with censors but it's quite bearable. I actually watch the drama before bed! I did get stress from thinking too deep though, I just feel sad when incidents in the drama could have happen in real life. Police don't necessarily have a good reputation in real life.

I accidentally read some spoilers but it didn't spoiled the experience. The ending is a little odd, and I think the writer leaves it to our imagination but I am satisfied that both main characters felt whole again with the case closed. If there's a season 2, I hope it maintains the same team.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

HI do you still talk about Baby Vox? All of the members of them are on instagram and twitter (except Lee Hee Jin)

HallyuSurfer said...

@Edwin

Sorry, I don't really keep up to date with Baby VOX but I do try to follow their music if they do a comeback. Thanks for the heads up, I will follow them on insta!

I really miss Yoon Eun Hye on dramas though but with her controversy, I think she may need more time but I really hope she does comeback!

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...