Sunday 8 September 2013

Unpopular Kpop Opinion

http://unpopularkpop-opinions.tumblr.com/post/60574940106/i-used-to-pity-chen-xiumin-because-they-are-the

<i> I used to pity Chen & Xiumin because they are the two Koreans chosen to be in a Mandarin group/sing Mandarin songs (before they merge), idk why but if I were them, I would feel pretty damn sad, because it feels like SM thinks they are not good enough for the Korean group/public :(</i>


I like to read Unpopular Kpop Opinions because I like to see reason behind the hate or dislike in general. This is one of the post that I feel I need to give a reply.

Let me say that I love EXO as one but I still thought EXO K and EXO M is a brilliant idea. It made memorizing their names so much easier and the fact it is use for separate activity, less burden. (goodness idols schedule are ridiculous!)

When I first saw the teaser, somehow regardless of his nationality.. I knew Xiumin is in EXO M. His visual fits best with the rest of EXO M members. As known, SM is famous for putting visual into priority so it makes perfect sense. Xiumin is the oldest member along with Kris and Luhan, more the reason to place him on EXO M. He has the character that work well in M market.

As for Chen, isn't it obvious that his voice fits Mandarin the most? I'm sure SM would have test their main vocalist on who fits Mandarin. Luhan is a good vocalist, but Chen levels it up. BaekHyun and D.O voices matches very well together, (in What is Love, it was difficult to pinpoint who)  so I think they didn't want to separate them.

I think the Chinese members would have been equally sad not to promote in Korea since they have been training in Korea for a long time as well. I feel they are happier to promote in Korea as seen on Show Champion during Mama days.

I think it's unfortunate that the poster thinks SM put them in EXO M because "they are not good enough". The exact opposite, SM puts them on EXO M because they are the best fit for EXO M. They both are representing Korea in the group, it is a big deal. 


No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...