Monday 19 August 2013

Woolim merge SM C&C

If it isn't clear enough, I have been a fan of SM Town since the beginning of my Kpop days. Regardless of rumors I've read or the scandals surround with SM Entertainment, my heart belongs to SM Town. Simply put, I would never be the Kpop fan I am today without SM.

I was ecstatic to find out about SM C&C, the side label that manages top actors (Jang Dong Gun, Kim Haneul, Han Jimin) and top MC (Kang Ho Dong, Shin Dong Yup). Not too sure about dramaland but SM certainly had huge impact on variety shows. I'm happy to see more of my favorite idols on variety show as of result.

However the news of Woolim Entertainment merge with SM C&C was shocking and I can't help but to feel bitter about it. I have no bad feelings about Woolim artistes, in fact I do like them. It feels different from San.E going to Brand New Music, because that is a match made in heaven. Woolim and SM? It's just an odd match.

I am slightly happy when the management insisted that they are not going to change style, but now there's rumors about Woolim artistes joining SM concert. Oh gosh, please no. Let it be separate. I love my SM Town interaction and to put Woolim artiste to the mix? I don't even want to imagine.

I wish Woolim artiste can get better promotion, but not interfere with my SM Town. I don't even want Woolim trainees to learn SM style. Let's keep it SM and Woolim separately.

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...