Friday 20 November 2015

FINALLY

I can't believe it took me this long to write this!

FINALLY after like 10 years of obsessing over Korea, I went to Seoul in February!

for really short 3 days!

I don't want to dwell on why I decided such a short trip because the main point is that I went! I am just happy for the fact I was there.

Obviously, I didn't get to do all the things I wanted but it felt cool to see familiar stuff on screen laid out in real life. I really do a lot of research on Korea.

Before the trip.. I was a bit wary.. Would it make me hate Korea? I scared because I know my expectations are high. Paris Syndrome (#prayforparis) coined by the Japanese, It's like cultural shock where you have all these image of a place but when you go to the place, the expectation is not fulfilled.

Turns out... I feel at home. I find myself wanting to move there. I love Malaysia but I do want to move to Seoul...some day.

I'm not going to talk about the trip..I'm not a good traveller. I basically go with the flow because my real life is very mundane. I thought being unprepared would make it more fun. Turns out I'm quite good at it. We only got lost finding the hotel! HAHA.

When will I go there again? I have no idea. I'm heading to Taipei next. Hopefully it will be good.

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...