Tuesday 1 December 2015

PHANTOM IS BACK!


Phantom has been busy individually this year. Sanchez is part of Sanchez X Verbal Jint stint while Hanhae and Kiggen released solo works and of course who could forget that SMTM4  scandal. I'm biased and would say that I do prefer Hanhae over Black Nut. *close ears singing lalalala

I didn't quite enjoy their solo project.. feels like it lacks something. I guess I was too eager for their comeback because when I saw their teaser released I was so excited.. and then when the MV was released I literally couldn't stop smiling.

Phantom asked, Could You Be Mine? 

Oh, do you have to asked? The answer is always yes!

The song starts off with Sanchez, and I was sold. Any Phantomism can certainly tell you that the main vocalist can rap as good as his high notes. While Sanchez is my bias, I have to say that I think his part in the song is a little too much.. I wanted more Kiggen..felt his part too short for my liking.

The rhythm is kinda reminiscence of Kiggen's project Hybrefine vibe. It has a club feel but it's chill. It makes you move but in a classy manner.  The rhythm is repetitive it didn't feel boring because the way Phantom sing and raps has a lot of character. I love to see the fun side of Phantom, I look forward to watch them perform and hear the fanchants. I love their adlibs a lot!

I have look up on the translation and it as sweet as I would thought it would be. Basically it's a guy wanting to get out from Some relationship. Some is kinda like Korean version of friend zone. It is that fine line between friends and lovers.

Do me a favor, Could You Be Mine 
This ain't no question, there only one answer
Hey pretty young thing,  you're mine
Let's get it going, I want eternity with you

(word in bold is in Korean)

It is a simple yet lovely confession. I love the chill feel in the song so it kinda feel like no pressure because all I need is one answer.

Again, My answer is YES. 




No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...