Monday 19 December 2016

Reply 1994 review

Last year, I watched Reply 1988 which was my first Reply series, then I watched 1997 in October and obviously I had to complete it by watching 1994 as well. Finally I completed it! It feels good to complete a series but I feel sad that it's over..or is it? Add me on the list of people waiting for Reply 2002 to happen. It has to happen because everyone in Korea really love soccer and it's the biggest happy event in the country.

I took a while to come up with this post because I had a bit of a writers block and now, my memory is a bit hazy..also because I fast forward a lot. I know it's for the sake of being nostalgic but one of the reason I feel Reply series feels draggy because of the narration that I didn't care about. I just think it's could be shorter. It's like hearing my grandparents' story and you want them to just get into the point. Sorry, I'm just an impatient person.

Reply 1994 is probably my favorite. although I'm more familiar with 1997 culture..it being new and I had a bit of an age by then.. I thought I feel 1994 evokes more nostalgic factor. I think the friendship in the series is really cute. My favorite character, Haitai is unexpectedly charming. I love when he baby-sat Sook Sook. It was such an adorable sight.

The characters in this drama uses nicknames and whenever they try to reveal the real name, it got interrupted. It was hilarious. I always anticipate on how they were going to cover up the real name! Is Joon name really that popular? 4 of the 5 males had "Joon" in their name. Wait, even Najung's brother had "Joon" in his name.

For this drama, I love the friendship between housemates more than the love lines. I didn't think the husband hunting game was particular fun.. Maybe because I already knew but I thought it was pretty obvious. Chilbong is just sweet. I'm obsess with Yoo Yeon Seok these days. Sseureki is not exactly trashy. haha I'm not weirded out by his trashy action at all. okay maybe a tiny bit.


No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...