Saturday 24 December 2016

Mamamoo Memory Review

It's been a while since I last wrote a Kpop album review! I hope to write at least one more before the year ends...if schedule permits. :P

Mamamoo is one of the groups that I always anticipate because they have talent to pull off any genre with their own twist. This album is perhaps my favorite.


01. 그리고 그리고 그려봐

If it wasn't for Christmas being around the corner, I probably wouldn't have gone past the first minute. I don't like songs that felt super slow. This song from the first beat is reminisce of Christmas, a song that I might play when it's still dark outside in the morning or just before bed time in Christmas eve because the song felt like longing for Christmas. I wish they would opt for a simple narration instead of a rap, I felt like it spoilt the flow of the song.

02. Decalcomanie (데칼코마니) *Title

Mamamoo title track has a signature sound indeed. I don't think I have to check who sing the song if I heard this song in the radio. I wish they would do something different for the next promotion because I do believe they got the talent to do so. If you haven't already check out their performance in Blue Dragon Awards, Please do, it's definitely one of their best performance yet, very witty and still sound amazing. Definitely only something Mamamoo can pull off!

03. NEW YORK

I probably should to see the translation of this song because it got me wondering why so many songs as made for New York? The song is theatrically reminisce of Broadway. I don't really fancy this song but the production is good. Perhaps New York people (I don't know the term) would appreciate the song better

04. Moderato (Feat. Hash Swan)

I saw Hash Swan name and immediately squeal inside because I think Hash Swan should have advance further in SMTM5. His rapping style is just refreshing to hear and his excution was just great. The intro of this song is so mesmerising. My favorite part when they sing-rap together. It was perfection.  The song tempo and beat feels outdated... like early 2000s vibe? I don't hate it because familiarity is always welcome.

05. Angel

This is a duo single for Whee In and Solar. This song is not bad but got me teary...as in bored. By the first verse over.. I badly want to hit Next button. This song doesn't really showcase their singing talent. In fact any other decent singer could have sing this song just fine. Whee In and Solar can do way better than this

06. DAB DAB

The intro is already begging me to hit Next. I hate the music so much. Minus the Rhythm, perhaps I would have like the song but I don't think it would changed my mind too much; Hwasa voice is amazing in this song. I think she should consider doing more musical work. I think she would fit perfectly in a theatre production

07. 놓지 않을게

I adore this song so much! I think they should have promote this song instead! It fits the winter feel right now. I want to see them perform this song! The song is sweet like honey, from the limited Korean understanding, I think the lyrics are pretty too. I can listen to this song all day. I love you too Mamamoo~!

08. 기대해도 좋은 날

This song is such a 90's throwback. This is my favorite song of the album. That intro always makes me going. Another song that I would like them to perform..except the song is kinda summery feel to it, so I think if they released this song in the summer, it would hit daebak! Even the title would fit the summer. I don't know the official translation, but basically it meant "Waiting/Expecting a good day"

I would continue to listen, number 4, 7 and 8. I probably would watch the main title track performance but I don't really enjoy the song. The rest isn't my favorite genre.

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...