Monday 5 December 2016

My Wife is Having an Affair This Week Review

I was totally turn off by the long title but I don't think it's quite direct. I was so sure I wasn't going to write a review, I only will write a review after I completed the drama and it's not longer than 2 days from completion. I didn't think I would go past episode 4.

After On the Way to the Airport, (another long title!) I was going to swear off from watching affair theme drama because I don't see the point of watching drama uncomfortably. Affairs are uncomfortable, and I honestly skip all the scenes that made me feel uncomfortable in this drama. Even though the drama has parts I don't like, I enjoyed the drama.

I like the setting of the drama, it reminiscent of a Manga I read years ago, Densha Otoko and this drama is actually a Japanese remake.

Do Hyun Woo (Lee Sung Kyun) read his wife Jung So Yeon (Song Ji Hyo) texts, indicating an affair is about to happen in a week. He was in a deep dilemma on how to handle the situation and embarrassed to confide to his friends. In a wimp, he posted his story online and get advice from the online users.

We got to see the glimpse of the users and I thought it was interesting because I am online a lot and I read feedback almost religiously. I don't have a picture to the strangers online that give comments. I always assume that it's an Asian American, early 20s and female unless they actually describe themselves. I like that the variety of people who supported "Toycrane" (Do Hyun Woo online ID) are coming from various walks of life.

The side story of Eun Ah Ra ( Ye Ji Won) and serial cheater, Choi Yoon Ki (Kim Hee Won) is either satisfying or brutally honest. I'm quite scared to see the calamity of  Ahra because you know that she's a true badass.

The couple that made me like the drama so much is Ahn Joon Young (Lee Sang Yeob) and Kwon Bo Young (BoA). The couple is adorable and I like the dynamic bickering between the two. I think their relationship progression is quite realistic for couple that has gone through storms.

At 12 episode, it may seem short but I think it's a good compact episode without the need to fast forward any part. If affair makes you uncomfortable, feel free to skip the affair part and just watch what goes through the Do Hyun Woo mind. Unlike OTWA, I do think I will watch the show again in the future because I think the minor characters makes the drama special.

I might try to find the Japanese version to compare.

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...