Wednesday 12 January 2011

Album Review : JYJ The Beginning


A new special post! I'm not really good at reviewing but I just want to some part as a fan to promote album sales. For album review, I will keep it simple and direct without being biased. It's going to be tough so let's see how I faired as a reviewer!

01 Intro



After "Peace and Harmony" there wasn't any lyrics and just rhythm. An intro should prepare you to know what's there to offer and based to that definition...it seem mysterious. I don't know how involve were the member in creating less than a minute intro. I'm not convince that the "Peace and Harmony" was the member voice at all.

02 Ayy Girl (feat Kanye West and Malik Yusef)



The intro made by Malik Yusef was weird "tattooed your name..." I was picturing Jae's tattoo. I like the 1 minute long intro made by the guest Malik Yusef and Kanye West but I prefer it be shorter. I'm immune with Engrish, so I wasn't looking for that. As much I love Micky YooChun, the part where he sang "So cold in the rain Gave my heart in vain" made me cringe. Stop doing that Chunnie! I think Jae did the best in this song. The way he sing is just perfect for this song.

03 Empty



I think this one is my favorite. The composition made perfect for their voices, Junsu sound a little out of place for "Ayy Girl" but he sound good in this. I hate auto-tune but I don't to seem to mind in this song. The part "Let it go" was so spell-blinding and addicting. Overall I like this song a lot.

04 Be My Girl



Yawnn..This song isn't bad just a little boring. The song is nice and has a good feel however it's flat in the emotion part. You want a girl to be yours so you should have some passion in this but it felt like they're just singing it prettily without adding their little touch. I think this song would sound better live. I want the song to feel like they really want the girl, not like feeling emo because they can't have the girl.

05 Still in Love



It started great with the rain sound effect, the almost traditional rhythm and then when Jae part came, still fine but then Jae sing almost murmuring, it was just deepening my spirit because the rhythm was so theatrical but I can't understand what were Jae's singing. I don't think I'll listen this again.

06 I Can Soar



I want this song to be rerecorded. This song, I can understand what Junsu's singing however the vocal should be louder. I was right, as soon I listen the song..I knew there would be back up vocals but it's not strong enough. It's an uplifting song so the vocal should be louder, it could be started with low notes but it has to be gradually louder so you can really soar!

07 I love you (feat Flowsik)


Is it possible to cringe while I like this song. Some parts it was just too much "greasy"! Flowsik's part was awesome, it made the song felt rich with his awesome voice. Take out the excessive "grease", YooChun sounds so sexy and sensual. I love the intro a lot, the rain backdrop with the girl talking. Nice!

08 Be The One



As the end of the album, it's not the best ending. It's kind of forgettable rhythm that doesn't caught my attention. It did leave me a good impression of what to expect on their next album and I hope it will be better.

My overall opinion is that as a fan, I would put this on my list to buy but it's not like on Top 5 must buy. It's a good album but not impressive enough for me to spend my money on. The best song for me is "Empty" and worst is "Still in Love". I'm actually very disappointed with "Still In Love" because it's a great composition but the way Jae sang was simply terrible.

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...