Thursday 20 January 2011

Contract Scandal

In case you haven't read about it, 4 members of Kara (SeungYeon, JiYoung, Nicole, Hara) has terminate the contract with DSP. For me, it was shocking because I never see this coming. As an experienced fan, this time I choose not to be emotional about it.

After DBSK and SuJu, I don't care anymore about which sides are telling the truth. I guess there's truth in all their statements but it's very contradicting and it's confusing of which side to choose. I still keep update with the issue as it's interesting how the deal when through but I'm not going to say I wish Kara win or whatever..

Just an opinion, it's way too early for Kara to be in this battle. They're young and it's the best time to solidify their position in the industry. This battle isn't a day or two, it can take a long time and it's going to be draggy. Kara shouldn't have this legal issue going on at the time like this when every opportunity is precious. The contract is not simple with only Kara and the company involve, it's includes outside party as well.

Kara parents should have learn from JYJ that it's not easy. JYJ has slightly more advantage because of their solid fanbase. JYJ had to debut on US because they had complication with Korean AND Japanese contract.

DSP is definitely not going to let go off Kara that easily. Kara is their biggest stars and I expect a long tiring battle ahead. Good Luck to both of them.

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...