Monday 31 January 2011

Album Review : One Way's Rainy Days

I had so many in my mind that I simply can't make up my mind of what should I write next. I wanted to do Homin's new album but well, I'm not inspired to do so. I've been listening to One Way's Rainy Days album for about two weeks and heck, why not?!

01 The Forecast (feat One Sound Choir)



As the introduction song for the album, this is very impressive and best describe of what to expect of the rest of the album. I love the beautifully compose instrumental in the background against the smooth raps. One Sound Choir adds in more drama to the song with impressive tone that sound like a rainstorm. I usually skip introduction song but this is high quality music.


02 Rainy Days (feat Junsu of 2PM)



Junsu had a similar tone voice with One Way's vocalist (I'm sorry that I failed to memorize their name yet but I will) but after countless replay of this song in other 2 version, I can tell them apart. JunSu doesn't play a huge role in this song but it's interesting anyway to hear his ad-libs on this song. It gives more depth on the song.

03 New Drag



I love the hilarious intro and ending! I kinda understand what they were talking in the beginning. "Hajima" part was funny, it mean's "don't do it". I love the playfulness with the song and I'm imagining what's going on with the studio.

04 Bba Jyeo



"Bba Jyeo" according to Google Translate is "Out". It has the addicting feel and I randomly hum it everyday! What I love about One Way's music is each part sounds excellent and the guitar solo at the end was awesome!

05 Forever (Chance's Solo)



A light-hearted music, I love it was place in the middle of the hip hop album to give listener a break to listen a beautiful acoustic rhythm. This song shows One Way's versatility in music. A relaxing music to sooth your soul.

06 Flight 101 (feat As One)



I'm actually surprise on how much I love this single. It's not the regular song I always love, it's like 180 degree transformation from the usual beats/rhythm/music I always liked. I love the quirky Captain Pilot imitation in the beginning, As One vocal is so soothing that it contrast well in this song. This song is upbeat and gets me grooving to the song.

07 Can't Stop



Probably my least favorite because compare on what I've heard earlier tracks, this sound a little boring. Nevertheless, I still enjoy listening to it occasionally before moving on to replay Flight 101.

08 Coffee (feat J.ae)



I always skip this song. I don't like the intro and it's about coffee(?) which I'm not fond of. I can't reviewed this because I can make myself to listen to this.

09 Rainy Days (Acoustic/Unplugged English Version)



This is the first single I listen and right away I got to listen to the whole album! I love the strip down Rainy Days and it's in ENGLISH! I do love Korean but sometime it makes no sense for me to sing Korean..This song I can proudly sing anytime without anyone turning their heads! This song definitely gave a great impact on me wanting to purchase this album.

10 A Thousand Words



Another English track, at first I wasn't really loving the song because it sound so sad and I'm already feeling down. I was so wrong, I LOVED IT! The lyrics is too beautiful to describe, I just like how it feels like he's speaking with someone. The harmonization was on the spot. Dang, I feel the emotion on the part "I love you, you know I love you right? Can you hear me? Are you There? ..." I answered all the question while listening to this song. LOL

11 Coffee (Trumpet Version)
12 Forever (Harmonica Version
13 A Thousand Version (Harmonica Version)
14 Rainy Days (Radio Edit Version)

The rest is the instrumental which are the least played. It's a nice touch on the album but I prefer the original version.

Would I purchase this album? Definitely. I haven't listen to much album this year but this for me is the best. I wished they appeared more on TV in the future.

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...