Thursday 17 January 2013

I'm loving Phantom Like Cho Yong Pil

If you're looking for a good review, it's not here because I'm totally bias about Phantom. Not a single day gone without thinking about Phantom. If you don't like Phantom, please don't leave a comment. Any bad comment about Phantom is unforgiveable.

I usually don't check teasers because it can be misleading (like SM &TS) or simply I don't have much internet data. I know I whine a lot about not having internet data but it's true! I only have 3gb a month and I used all of it in 6 days. Now I'm running on slower speed meaning I can't watch video. 

Anyway, I know somehow it was going to be epic even before teasers because Kiggen @Hybrefine always tweets about it. When I find out last week that it was titled "Like Cho Yong Pil" (조용필처럼) I literally jump up for joy! Lol

Let's start with the video! I really like the documentary style, I thought it reflect best of the tone of the song. I love the cameos.. I only noticed Microdot (Sanchez's Bro and rapper),Verbal Jint, CEO Rhymer (Brand New Music) and CEO Kim Do Hoon (WA Entertainment). It's long 7min but it contains all necessary part that tells the story well, it was well balanced. If I were to fix it, maybe no talking. Just subs on screen. Please watch all 3 video!!

I feel like tearing up when I heard the beginning. It was like piercing my heart.., it was so soulful! Sanchez vocal was so good, his "woo woo" part that I usually dislike is just so sad!! I am speechless. Comes in HanHae and Kiggen who are equally good. I have not hear such a beautiful intro in a long time. I really think there should be more attention to this trio.

Sanchez soulful sad voice is so charismatic that pulls you into hear more. I really don't know how Hanhae does it, he is ridiculously good at transition from singing to rapping effortlessly! His passion for rapping is clear but he can really sing! Kiggen part may be a little less but he has a presence in his deep yet clear rap that adds an interesting element in the song.

The chorus is so addicting, I keep on singing it since teaser was released. I love the composition, nothing was out of place, I love the blend in of majestic orchestra sound with modern beats sound. It's a great piece that pays great homage to the creator of Kpop, Cho Yong Pil while still sound modern for today's society.

I'm surprised Cho Yong Pil allowed Phantom to use his name just because it's risky and duh, he's Cho Yong Pil! Rest assured, Mr. Cho.. Phantom did your name good indeed. I thank Cho Yong Pil for being the inspiration for such a great song!

I watched their performance on Mcountdown, again I almost cried. I feel they really own to their song. It's so crazy of me but I really feel it that way. I am so happy to discover their music. For Cho Yong Pil and Phantom, I hope this song can be on top 3 on Music show! Please win once at least, so I can hear some thank you speech! I can't wait for their Music Bank comeback, I will be waiting and #tweetflood again.

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...