Saturday 5 January 2013

My KBS Drama Awards Reaction

WINNERS LIST (credit : dramabeans.com)

Daesang: Kim Nam-joo (You Who Rolled In Unexpectedly)
Top Excellence, Actor: Song Joong-ki (Nice Guy),
      Yoo Joon-sang (You Who Rolled In Unexpectedly)
Top Excellence, Actress: Moon Chae-won (Nice Guy)

I am happy that top honours goes to the dramas I have watched. Shin Ha Kyun who won last year presented the award to Kim Nam Joo, looking dashing...yeah I am a big fan of him, I've been waiting for this moment since he won! Ok, let's get back on track!  I'm so happy Kim Nam Joo won the award and I truly think he deserve the award, not only the drama had high rating but also she acted her role well. Yoo Jun Sang was cute that night, calling NamJoo "Chagiah" who was also the MC. I know family drama isn't popular internationally, which is a pity because it's a great drama. I highly recommend it. As for Nice Guy, well it's Song Joong Ki! Who doesn't love him? Moon Chae Won won again! I was surprise how soft spoken she was, I really love her badass and tough character.

Excellence Awards:
Daily Drama, Actor: Kim Young-chul (I Will Give You the Moon and the Stars),
      Kim Dong-wan (Be Strong Mr. Kim)
Daily Drama, Actress: Kim Ye-ryung (Love Love),
      Seo Ji-hye (I Will Give You the Moon and the Stars)

After Smile Donghae, I gave up on daily drama because it's a long commitment and I always hated mid through. I actually wanted to start again with "I will give you the Moon and the Star" (gaah long title sux) because I like some of the actors but I miss the first episode so I skip it again. Kim Dong Wan is my bias in ShinHwa so I started again this time. Drama, please be good. It's still early episode on KBSWorld, so I can't say much.

Miniseries, Actor: Shin Hyun-joon (Oohlala Spouses)
Miniseries, Actress: Jang Nara (School 2013)
Mid-length Drama, Actor: Uhm Tae-woong (Equator Man)
Mid-length Drama, Actress: Lee Bo-young (Equator Man)

What is the difference between Miniseries and Mid-Length? I'm guessing one is Less 20 episode, and one is 20 episode.. Despite not loving Oohlala Spouse, I do think Shin Hyun Joon deserve the award because he is a great actor. Surprise Jang Nara won again.. Does KBS really love her or what. I love her anyways so congrats Eonnie! I didn't watch Equator Man, so no comment.

Serial Drama, Actor: Joo-won (Gaksital)
Serial Drama, Actress: Yoon Yeo-jung (You Who Rolled In Unexpectedly)
Supporting Actor: Kim Sang-ho (You Who Rolled In Unexpectedly),
      Park Ki-woong (Gaksital)
Supporting Actress: Jo Yoon-hee (You Who Rolled In Unexpectedly)

I didn't watch Gaksital, but I do know JooWon is a great actor..If I'm not mistaken this is his third time winning award in KBS for all his KBS drama (Baker King Kim Tak Gu, Ojakgyo Brother, Gaksital) His best buddy also won, hehe I like Park Ki Woong hair.. I know but the color is so pretty!  Again, I am so happy Yoon Yeo Jung, who also the MC won.. I want her as my Korean eomma! Lol Kim Sang Ho character is funny and heartwarming and Jo Yoon hee did great as well for her role but I wished Jin Kyung had won! She was in 3 hit dramas, Nice Guy, YWRIU and Cheer Up, Mr.Kim

Actor of the Year, awarded by PDs from all three broadcasters: Uhm Tae-woong
      (Equator Man)
Newcomer Award, Actor: Lee Hee-joon (You Who Rolled In Unexpectedly),
      Lee Jong-seok (School 2013)
Newcomer Award, Actress: Oh Yeon-seo (You Who Rolled In Unexpectedly),
      Jin Sae-yeon (Gaksital)

Oh what a surprise! Newcomers aren't exactly newbies.. Congrats to Uhm Tae Woong for winning a big award. I mean if I was an actor, this award would mean much more. Lee Hee Joon actually won an award for One-Act special drama in 2011, but he is in 3 dramas in 2012.. Wild Romance, YWRIU and Jeon Woo Chi.  I do like School 2013 but really? Isn't it too early to tell? Well, at least for me. Congrats anyway MC Lee Jong Seok. Controversy or not, Oh Yeon Seo was great in portraying the worst sister in law in Korea.

Netizens’ Award: Song Joong-ki (Nice Guy), Moon Chae-won (Nice Guy),
      Yoona (Love Rain)
Popularity Award: Joo-won(Gaksital), Bae Suzy (Big)

No surprise here. Yawn. It's popularity award, my least favorite catergory.

One-Act Special, Actor: Yeon Woo-jin (Ordinary Love),
      Sung Joon (Swamp Ecology Report)
One-Act Special, Actress: Yoo Da-in (Ordinary Love),
      Park Shin-hye (Don’t Worry, I’m a Ghost)
Youth Actor: Noh Young-hak (King’s Dream),
      Nam Ji-hyun (Girl Detective Park Hae-sol)

I only watch one drama special in 2012 which is SOS (Save Our School), I was rooting for Seo Shin Ae to pick up the Youth Award! Her portayal of a bully was so spot on. Too bad she didn't won but damn, she should! A little tidbit from the awards, the child actor who acted in Nice Guy were talking about Song Joong Ki, so the child actress ask Song Joong Ki if they could work together in the future. Song Joong Ki gave the "OK" sign! It was so cute! (ahem, note that I'm not fluent in Korean)

Best Couple: Song Joong-ki & Moon Chae-won (Nice Guy),
      Lee Sang-yoon & Lee Bo-young (My Daughter Seo-young),
      Lee Hee-jun & Jo Yoon-hee (You Who Rolled In Unexpectedly),
      Yoo Joon-sang & Kim Nam-joo (You Who Rolled In Unexpectedly),

My prediction was almost right! I actually watch unsubbed last week episode of My Daughter Seo Young and if I'm not mistaken, Lee Bo Young and Lee Sang Yoon couple is in the process of divorce! They also mention it in the award. What a weird couple to win best couple award..anyway I am super glad my favorite couple of the year won! Lee Hee Joon and Jo Yoon Hee couple forever! They did a cute duet together right after

Writer Award: Park Ji-eun (You Who Rolled In Unexpectedly)

Yeah! Totally deserved it! If I'm not mistaken, I once watch it on Entertainment Weekly that the writer is actually a variety writer or was it the director? I'm not sure but in her speech, she did thank PD Seo Soo Min of Gag Concert. This drama has a lot of great cameos from Gag concert.

3 comments:

my secret blog said...

may i know what song did Lee Hee Joon and Jo Yoon Hee sing (duet) right after they got the best couple?

HallyuSurfer said...

Hawaiian Couple - Humming Urban Stereo

I didn't expect the title to be that. Lol thankfully I read hangeul.

my secret blog said...

wow..thanks!!!!!!! oh god,that song keep replaying in my head!! the song sounded sweet and romantic...thanks once again!!

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...