Friday 10 March 2017

Wolgyesu Gentleman Tailor Shop

Usually when I finish a weekend drama, I feel a little empty because I spend a lot of time with it but this drama I honestly felt nothing as in, couldn't be bothered. just like any ole day. 

The main leads is perhaps the most boring couple I have ever watched in a weekend drama. I mean, Bluebird House is still my worst weekend drama but at least the couples were cute. I like Lee Dong Gun, I like Jo Yoon Hee, however together? Bleh. Ironically they recently announced that they are dating in real life. I can't say I'm happy, congratulations anyway! Hopefully this relationship will lead to marriage, Lee Dong Gun-ssi.

The saving grace of this drama for me is Park Jung Eum. She should have won the Best Couple award with Ah-Choo Couple! LOL. As much she tried to be the villain of the drama, I find her adorable and endearing. Min Hyo Sang is the main villain of the drama but I never come to hate him.. I don't think he is a bad actor either...For me, I didn't like his wife the most. Her character should appear more often and stronger however that didn't happen so I find the makjang for this drama quite lacking. 

Dong Sook and Tae Pyung couple is the most lovable one but they don't appear much. I don't know why the writer don't make them the main couple instead. It's so cute when Taepyung accepted Dongsook's daughter as his own. My hearts feel so much warmth when I see the couple on screen. 

I had a lot of expectation for Cha In Pyo and Ra Miran couple but they honestly are the typical long term Korean couple. It's good for them to be realistic but I wish they was more story to their relationship. They obviously look very business couple. 

While I think the makjang factor of this drama is lacking. I think I never rolled my eyes so much for a drama. I think their reactions and actions to every situation is just too over the top and I hate when the solution to the problem is so obvious. 

Despite being the theme of the drama, the suit making isn't making me learn anything about suits. I think it is a miss opportunity to encourage people to purchase custom suits. Earlier in the show, I did have a glimpse of it but it's put on the back burner.   

I'm sorry to compare but I'm reminded of a Japanese drama "Carnatian" which I really love and I learn so much for the drama. I love that they show how style evolved and why the main character grew fond of becoming a tailor. I was wishing this drama would do something similar to that. 

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...