Wednesday 11 August 2010

MPV Review : BoA Hurricane Venus

The title is rather interesting, who would have thought of "Hurricane Venus"? Before listening to the song, I would interpret it as something that describe her persona. I'm glad she didn't promote Game, I really don't like the song.

Music


After being disappointed with Game, I was surprised that I liked this, it has auto-tune and heavy bass. Probably it's because the combination works? The hook in the chorus is also surprisingly catchy. The lyrics is rather odd but I don't mind it much.

Level of Likeness : 8/10

Performance


It's with Dangerous performance. I wouldn't expect any less from someone called "The Kpop Queen" and BoA deliver it with such excellence! This is the result of 10 years people! Terrific dancer and flawless vocals, (btw, you should really check out the MR removed version) this Kpop at it's best. Welcome back to Korea BoA!

Level of Likeness : 10/10

Video


For BoA is famous for her dance moves, it is a necessary for her to have dancing in her videos. I love her outfit in promotion pictures but not so much on the video, some are just to weird for me. I think the CG effects are rather weak, because you know it's fake. The purpose of having effect is to WOW the audience not to show weakness. I'll stick at looking her performance then.

Level of Likeness : 7/10

Overall Success : A

Credits to : SM Entertainment
Reviewed by : HallyuSurfer

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...