Monday 10 October 2011

I'm hating Infinite Paradise


Since Infinite is getting famous each day, I think I need to put a disclaimer before proceeding. I am not anti-fan, it's just a stupid review okay? Inspirit Fighting!

With Paradise, there's 4 songs promoted by Infinite this year! Wow. Typically idols only promote two song in one year and seldom 3.. I guess probably other idols had done the same but maybe I wasn't really paying attention. 

Before the Dawn was awesome, their choreography was mind-blowing, except I was a little too late in noticing it's awesomeness. That time, I was paying more attention to Dalmatian. Nothing's Over finally got me hook to them, I knew all their names and know what roles they had.

Be mine was okay, it wasn't an instant love because I can't never get pass thinking.. "SungJong is a dude." I find it hard to convince myself that he can sing seriously and laugh at his expression. The song finally got them their first No.1 on charts. I was happy for them.

On the scale of 1-10, I would rate Paradise as 4..so there's no way I could put the title as "I'm loving" right? I thought they promoted the song too early, but I guess the company wants ride on their previous win. The song has this familiarity but I don't know where I get that from. It sounds like a cool song for mystery genre movie but that's about it.

The feel of the song is pretty confusing. I have not check the translation yet but the title is "Paradise" and the song has this dark vibe, almost haunting like and mysterious. I'm not even sure if the lyricist understand the meaning of Paradise. When I think of paradise, the image of beach comes to mind. The MV isn't helping either. I think Infinite boys are ghost following the poor girl everywhere in the house?? It's a cross of a creepy stalker or a haunted ghost. I think this fascination of this topics should stop by now.. I'm sick of it already.

What probably puts me off the most about the song is the chorus. I don't get the high-pitched voices... it's just hard to sing and not suited for the song. Is it's supposed to be haunting voice or what? However I do like SungKyu's part.. I thought it was clever to have the bits of pause in his line..I think it resembles gasping for air..WooHyun sounded really good too!

The music on this song is awesome too, the mix of orchestra and electrical guitar blends well together. I just don't think it suited well with the lyrics. Lastly, congratulation to Infinite for winning on the recent Inkigayo for this song. I think they deserved it..(although I secretly wished SuJu win.)

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...