Monday 2 July 2012

Album Review : EXO M Mama

MAMA Mini Album
1. Mama
2. What Is Love
3. History
4. Angel
5. Two Moons 
6. Machine


Disclaimer : This review is based on videos I got from Youtube, so there's a probability of it not be as accurate as the CD quality. Exo is a new group, hence my ability to differentiate their voice isn't great. Comparison isn't good thing but they're basically the same group so it is inevitable. I'm sorry if I come out the wrong way.


Aside from SuJu M, I don't really follow Mandopop.. I don't know if the Chinese audience appreciate the meaning of the song, because the song is strange.. It kind of a Kpop with Chinese lyrics. I do think it sounds great but I don't know if it's Mandopop style.


For the Korean version, it was super hard to differentiate BaekHyun's and D.O.'s voice..but Chen's voice and Luhan's voice is distinctly different. Luhan's great but Chen did amazing. He was a great choice, he sounded like Chinese..in a very good way. 


While History was just average in Kpop, I thought this song sounds a lot better in Chinese. Everyone sounds very good! Maybe it's Kris or Tao voice but it sounds really good compared to Kpop version. In the Korean version, they sort of have similar voice, but as for Exo M, they have distinct different voice.


I don't hate Angel, but it also sound average in Chinese version. I don't know why I'm not crazy over this song although it's my kind of music. I don't think this song showcase Chen's voice in the best way possible.


I don't know why but it kinda makes me laugh to listen to this song.. possibly because they sounded awkward as well. Although I have to say I like this version better. Key features too..I just don't know why?? 


Wow. Again, I prefer this version. It sounded more bearable compare to the Kpop version. If I were to sing (all alone la..not in a crowd) this song, I definitely sing this version. I don't understand this.. I love this song in Mandarin but I don't like it in Korean.


Maybe my brain is confuse.

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...