Monday 23 July 2012

Top 20 KPop You should Know!

Continued from the previous post...it's way too long, I had to separate into two parts! Here are my TOP 20!!

20. Bubble pop - Hyun A Love the song, hate the MV. This is one rare moment when I wished I had listen to the song first then watch MV because the MV ruined it for me. I can barely sit through the whole MV. Super uncomfortable to watch her dancing, and I'm just disappointed that was the concept of the song. The song is bubbly cute but the MV urgh.

19. Dirty Cash - Big Bang   Usually a meaningful song has that mellow feel to it right? But this song is so much fun. I love the MV a lot ahaha. Suddenly image of cross dressing TaeYang comes to mind. I love they're poking fun while still making sense. Yeah, no I don't want your dirty cash~!

18. Noona Nomu Yeppo ( Replay) - SHINee I'm still waiting for SHINee to sing a song like this again. They initially was set to be sort of hip hop ish..but then they're just regular Kpop group again. I love the progress of SHINee but I wish to see something different and not just in fashion.

17. This Song - 2AM The lyrics are sad. So there's a Malaysian who got the rights to cover in this song in Malay and I'm distraught, why JYP why?! The key point of the song is essentially the lyrics..the feel and it should be sung by the right people! I also don't get why he didn't pick other JYP songs.. This song should be sung by singers who are

16. I don't care - 2NE1 I'd say this is a female power anthem, this song is sassy fun and the video is fun too...that is if you're a female. Now let's move our hands to side to sides girls! LOL "I don't Care eh eh eh e~!"

15. Rainism - Rain Oh boy. There's no one else sing about themselves so proudly like Rain.. I don't even know why I place this among Top 20 but this song is crazily parodied. From the intense head-face-body rubbing to the slick cane dance moves, slick dance moves can be easily turned into hilarious parody. Don't watch the MV, watch performance then watch parody. You'll have a good time. Lol

14. Tell Me - Wonder Girls This song that started out the Wonder Girl craze, the retro concept is wildly popular not only to idol fans but their grandmothers as well. While I don't know the dance well, when this song is at it's peak..almost everybody could dance to this song. Who could forget Sohee's Omona part.. Lol. my favorite part.

13. U - Super Junior Heck yeah. I am bias... NO ONE can take number 13 other than Super Junior. Instead of blabbering countless positive adjectives for this song, I'll tell you the story of my first listen as told by my brother. My brother likes Asian music earlier than I do, one day he told me about this song and he apprently said that I dislike the song. After I became SuJu fan, he told me that I didn't like the song.. I was shock because I don't remember ever that I dislike the song...so yeah fail as E.L.F.

12. I know - Seo Tae Ji and boys I have heard countless of idols or MC said how Seo TaiJi and Boys is the pioneer of Kpop..say what? Well it is true in some ways but I'm in no position to argue.. I have heard covers probably more than 10 times..but I have never actually heard of the original in full. All 3 members are quite controversial.. Seo TaiJi was secretly married to actress Lee Ji Ah..only discovered when they were divorcing, both Yang Hyun Suk (YG boss) and Lee Juno married a much younger person.. Their life is much more interesting..than the song.

11. Mirotic - DBSK Sigh, as a Kpop fan, if I were to introduce a Kpop artiste to a non fan, I would probably introduce DBSK because no other Kpop group as perfect as them. Think of Kpop greatest leader, it's YunHo.. Think of Kpop best vocal, it's JunSu..but JaeJoong and Changmin's vocal are not to be underrated, they're very solid too. All the best can be found in DBSK. SIGHHHH..anyway, Mirotic is a word coined by JaeJoong..I forgot what the meaning, but well, I prefer the Korean title, JuMon which means spell/magic...makes more sense.

10. Mister - Kara SHAKE YA BUTTS~! No matter what they do, they will always be remembered by this song.  Who has not watch their performance is seriously missing out...okay maybe not, but it's fun to watch ut anyway..

9. Heartbreaker- G Dragon GD first solo single, proving that he is extremely influential in Kpop. Whatever he does, everyone swoons.. All of his single in the album is solid. If you dislike the usual kpop generics, perhaps this one is up to your alley.

8. Lonely - 2NE1 Auditioners of Kpop competition loves to cover this song.. I would too, since this song has lots of different element and I can relate to it's lyrics. At one point in everyone's life..there are moments we felt lonely right? Check out the acoustic version, that's a better version in my opinion.

7. Abracadabra - Brown Eyed Girls I don't care how popular this song is, I still hate this song. The auto-tune is beyond I could ever handle.. the concept is thumbs down, the MV is not my cup of tea..dance was okay, only after I have watched countless parody. I especially hate the song because it was totally different from what they had promote before.. Like LOVE, that's awesome..Eojada was awesome...this is like woah why?! It's shockingly different.

6. T.O.P. - ShinHwa Have I told you that Koreans love their acronym? yeah? Well I didn't tell you that the acronym are usually funny. Twinkling of Paradise, that's what it stands for, no joke. In this song has more acronym..like DRC (Dangerous, Risky, Crazy) and MIL (Millenium Innocent Love) wtf..but jokes aside, T.O.P. Big Bang and Teen Top names are based on this song. It's a mega hit and idols love to cover this song not only because the song is good but the choreography too!

5. Lies - Big Bang Featuring Gummy! Well, the girl in the beginning is Gummy's voice. Along with Tell Me, this is one of the biggest hits in 2007. There's so many cool easy choreography in this song. My personal favorite is T.O.P. Pointing and circle move..LOL I pretty much know the dance by heart, and I sux at dancing.

4. Tell me your wish (Genie) - SNSD The similarities of the song listed in this chart is it's always covered and parodied. This is no different, but it's the message of the song that made it so favorable to be covered. It has that sexy yet cute vibe..that is right. My all time favorite SNSD song.

3. Sorry Sorry - Super Junior Where do I start, the dance is so dang good! The beats are awesome! Sorry Sorry is very likeable for many reason. If you never heard of this song...don't call yourself a Kpop fan, like, this is serious..you can't call yourself a Kpop fan if you have not listen to this song.

2. Gee - Girls' Generation Gapss..How could this song be just no.2??!! It freaking won more than 9 music ranking chart awards.. It overturned KBS ban on SM artiste, yes..this song is definitely worthy No.1 but I can't change it. Koreans love this song, and I love it too. No hate okay.

1. Nobody - Wonder Girls Even my dad knows this song.. I can go any random space for sure there would have another person who knows this song. When it first come out, I love it..but if you play the song next to me now, I'd probably runaway by the first beat. I can not stand this song anymore. I have listen to every single version and I certainly don't need to listen any new ones. Recently it was rereleased in Japanese, I just can't even think. WHYYYYYYY?!  It's a good song no doubt but it's so overplayed..

Top 10 is sure hard.. The last one written in the whole list was Abracadabra..because it didn't cross my mind. I wasn't a fan of this song so obviously it slip my mind. Possible there's tons of Kpop I didn't list because it's not my style or haven't listen but I think all the ranks are in order. Agree or disagree, it's just my opinion of song based on popularity and my liking, if it's soley based on popularity, Jewerly One more time and Bo Beep Bo Beep by T-ara would be included but don't feel like it.

If I'm being totally biased, most of SM song will be included..my favorite song of all time is not even in the list ahemsujumiracleahem. The song listed here are definitely songs that you would think of in the future for at least 10 years.  I wish I was part of 1st Generation fan but I'm more on the 2nd generation so yeah, it's flaw in that sense

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...