Monday 23 July 2012

Top 50 Kpop that you should know

Top 50 kpop song that you should know!

I wanted to write MY top 50 Kpop of all time but it's hard because I like to listen my song according to the mood of the moment.. Generally, my favorite kpop song are cutesy and adorable type..but I love some slick dance moves from time to time. This list does have a little bias-ness, but it's definitely about famous song you really have to know..at least!

Be prepare for the long post everrrrr!

50. Baby baby - 4men

Deciding which Kpop as no. 50 is sure harder than picking the top 10.. I'm not really sure of the popularity of this song but it sure is covered a number of times by idols. The song has a beautiful piano playing paired with great vocals. Whether you like ballads or not, this song is beautiful.

49. Tell Me Why - Untouchable feat HwaYoung

If I'm really bias...this song definitely will rank in top 10 as this is one of my all time favorite kpop. The reason it being far end is the popularity isn't high. The song pulls you right in with Hwayoung awesome vocals and paired along with the duo's amazing raps. I love Untouchable very dearly but the star of this song is definitely Hwayoung, when he hit the high notes..it's just damn good!

48. U Go Girl - Lee Hyori

I actually don't really like this song because nothing about the song is my style.. I enjoyed the dance though, it's fun and cute. Maybe if I was a guy I would like the song better.

47. Balloons - DBSK

The cutest thing ever to the point of embarrasing! I would never introduce my non kpop friends this song. I would rather they discovered this themselves. As mention, I love cutesy stuff so this is such a fun song for me. It's actually a classic children song in Korea and this is for summer album so yeah it's just a fun moment.

46. Like being hit by a bullet - Baek Ji Young

The lyrics are definitely violent, lol I really love ballads but somehow kpop ballad doesn't attract me much. This song was released in autumn, the perfect weather for ballads..it was perfect timing for me. Baek Ji Young voice has that sadness feel that suited well for the emotion of this song.

45. Eat You Up - BoA

Being the first English song released by BoA, I had to include it somehow. It's not exactly popular in US but nevertheless I applaud her effort. Her English album is nit bad.. Eat You Up while likeable, is my least favorite single of the album. The lyrics bothered me...though it's still BoA, her dance moves for this song is awesome!

44. Candy - H.O.T.

One of the classic Kpop idol songs. I think most idols would at least have practice this song at one point of their life. The classic dance moves are HeeJun's and WooHyuk's part..it's really happy song and fun. HeeJun said that it's really hard to sing the song live because of the extensive dance routine. 

43. Nothing Better - JongYup 

I had no idea it was Jong Yup's song..for the longest time. I seriously thought it was SHINee's song because my friend gave me this song along with SHINee's album. Jonghyun did a great job but as soon I listen the original..I knew I love it better. JongYup's vocal control is darn amazing. 

42. The Boys - Girls' Generation

Their first attempt to enter international music scene, the boys is rather un kpop ish since SNSD rarely ever rap, it felt awkward but I didn't care that much. I love their outfits in the MV and the girls all look great! It was produced by Teddy Riley, a famous composer.

41. Cry - MBLAQ

I'm really upset that this song did not receive much love as it should have. It was so perfectly composed and the mv is just awesome with the under water scene..dang, I can't open my eyes in water la. I thought Thunder was exceptional in this song, but then again I am bias.

40.  When I can't Sing - Se7en

I love the meaning of this song, and I feel sad that the light of a star will fade some day. I wished I didn't know JYP composed it because it really feel like he should be the one singing this song or rather Rain should have this song. Mind you Se7en did a great job, just the overall feel of this song suited better with JYP artiste.

39. Goose's Dream - Insooni

I don't why but I somehow understand the song though I never check the translation. It as if that the song speak for itself. A song that shows the power of music, this song is a classic song that tells a story about the impossible dream.  Actually I knew Insooni isn't the original but when the hoobaes covers it, it usually is Insooni's version.

38. Heartbeat - 2PM

gaahh.. 2PM, if I had to pick which group I hate the most, without a doubt it's 2PM. Back in 2009, netizen discovered that Jay Park had written "Korea is Gay" on his personal webpage way before his debut. It outrage the whole country and forces Jay Park to lay down low for a long time. During that period 2PM had a mini album titled 1:59 and this song was released. I was furious because to me it meant being disrespectful to Jay.. Why work when your teammate is having a hard time? Anyway I blog about this before but for the longest time I didn't hear the song and avoid it at all cost. It was definitely hard because the song is MEGA popular. Comedians love to parody it and variety shows always plays the song. Curiosity caught me and then I knew that 2PM will kick Jay out. I meant even with just 6 they got so much success why bother adding Jay back? This song is awesome but I hate the story behind it.

37. Good day - IU

The IT song, there is no way IU is ever going to forget this song for the rest of her life. The infamous 3 Octave part, is always parodied by everyone. I really love her cutesy concept and this song is cute, but it's an upgrade from her previous singles.

36. Before the  Dawn - Infinite

Another song that is severly underrated. Why oh why Korean don't make this song no.1? The scorpion dance was so cool. I love every part of the dance routines. the song is dark yet very captivating. 

35. Sunset Glow - Big Bang

This song is a cover of Lee Mun Se classic hit and Big Bang intrepretation received a grear review from the man himself. At first I didn't like the song but it steadily grows to my liking. When I listen to the original, I literally had my jaws dropped. I love how Big Bang kept the originality of the song yet it genuinely feels like Big Bang made it.

34. Never Ending Story - BooHwal

What a hard song to sing, thanks to Lee Seung Chul.. I don't know when is the first time listening to it but when I first listen just to a little part of it, I had to listen the full song immediately. I would love to listen to this song in concert and wave my hands side to side.. Just drown myself to the moment of the song. 

33. Tonight - DBSK

To me, DBSK is best singing ballads, I know they're amazing dancers but we definitely need a great ballad for Junsu sake, his voice is the best in KPop! All their ballads are great but I prefer this one the most, as I remembered feeling goosebumps when I first heard it. 

32. I miss you - Kim Bum Soo

There's no other OST more famous than this. I don't know if it's the composition,the lyrics or Kim Bum Soo's voice but this song is so perfect. It's just is. If you're wondering which OST, it's Stairway to Heaven staring Choi Ji Woo, Kwon Sang Woo and Kim Tae Hee. I don't really remember the drama apart from it being a sad story..but this song I will remember forever.

31. Into the new world - Girls' Generation

I'm a little bit apprehensive about adding this song in the list, but in my opinion, this is a perfect debut song. The dance choreography is eye catching..literally, who can forget the high kick move?! I love the MV, the lyrics and the song is okay..yup, it get's a little boring after a few listen..if I'm not mistaken, it doesn't have any English lyrics, so it felt like a true kpop. It's not one of the most popular Kpop, but it's a good light hearted song.

30. Fiction - Beast

If I had my way, Bad Girl would be on the list...lol but it's a little cutesy for others. I quite love all Beast songs but none felt like worth remembering forever.. Shock and Soom have similar styles, while Beautiful is popular, but it's kinda a dedication to their fans. Fiction won 2011 song of the year in KBS Song Festival, so yeah..that's my only reason this song is in the list.. I really love the first mini album.

29. Bad Girl Good Girl - miss A

Not a fan of the song but I love the dance moves. Eventually I got the song stuck in my head. The parodies are all awesome. A great song to dance to, but not really liking the song.

28. Mother - g.o.d

If you're sensitive, perhaps this song can make you cry...especially if you're Korean. The song tells about a mother's love to her son, probably some part you might not understand like what jajangmyun meant but watching the MV may clear things up.

27. Fantastic Baby - Big Bang

Get ready....! WOW, FANTASTIC BABY! I am telling you, I cannot say wow without saying Fantastic Baby! I really like Blue, so I was looking forward for something mellow from Big Bang..but this song is NOT. So for weeks, I didn't listen to it because it's not something I look forward. But Wow, fantastic baby is addictive. You just want to sing to it and move~!

26. Ring Ding Dong - SHINee

The Engrish is a lot..and till today I have no clue what the song meant. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not but after this song was released, it seem Kpop is filled with ridiculous English.

25.  Fan - Epik High

Expect nothing more than perfect from Epik High. Everything is well crafted, the MV is creepy yet goes well with the music, the lyrics are haunting and Epik High skills is no joke. It's so interesting and dark, yet I love it.  The song tells about a fanatic fan..you have to watch the MB to understand further!

24. I'm your girl - S.E.S

Without S.E.S. Kpop would not be the same. Before S.E.S. kpop is mostly dominated by male, but these 3 girls are bringing fresh cutesy concept and it rocked Kpop world. This song is definitely a classic that Kpop idols should learn.

23. 10 points out of 10 - 2PM

Regardless of what, in every 2PM interview, the members are often ask about how many points out of 10.. How creative #sarcasm. It's a fun song and G.na is in the MV..plus Jay is still in the group.

22. Wedding Dress - Taeyang

Flawless. Before this song, I never thought Taeyang has good singing technique because well, it don't sound good. This song change it, I grew to like his voice better! The overall feel, the music and the lyrics, perfect 10!

21. I am the Best - 2NE1

How do I explain this song? I don't think I ever listen to this song in full. I only know this song because so many people sings it on variety shows. It's just not my kind of music but it's popular because of the lyrics.

To be continued....

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...