Wednesday 27 January 2016

Reply 1988

This post contains SPOILER

Reply 1988 is the first Reply series that I have watched.. I read a lot of good things so I thought it would be nice to start now.

I did enjoy it's run but looking it through YouTube is quite difficult and it was a bit draggy (it is longer than typical KDrama) so I didn't completely watch it. All I did was read it on Dramabeans and watch whatever short clips posted on TVN drama YouTube channel.

How do I feel about the drama is a bit random. I think I like the secondary characters more than the main characters. I would prefer more development on Noeul and DongRyong characters. I did not have any ships for the drama.. perhaps due to watching it the same time Oh My Venus was still on.. I didn't find any relationship engaging.


Nevertheless I was curious on how would end up as the husband.. I didn't have any guesses but I was satisfied with Taek. I think he made the most sense on being the husband from episode 1 when it was finally revealed who was the husband. That being said though... I feel really bad for Jung Hwan. I felt like his character needed a closure.. that half hearted confession was like a dagger to my heart. I cannot believe I'm watching that lame confession.

It felt so random and sudden that his character was put at the back burner towards the end of the series. I felt like had the scriptwriter made him gave a proper confession and DeokSun rejected him properly...I would be satisfied. I feel so sad if a guy like Jung Hwan exist in real life. How could a guy as thoughtful and kind like him end up without no one at the end of the series??

I think he is the most realistic character and some of his trait mirrors mine. I probably wouldn't organize a wedding for my parents but I definitely would be the one to cheer up my family when they're sad. I find it so sweet that he refers himself as "second daughter" when his mother was going through menopausal. As a caregiver, I do meet other patients that wished they had a daughter that can look after them.

JungHwan is just too good to be left alone. I personally think he is better off without DeokSun. hahaha I'm bitter but I think JungHwan will get the perfect wife in my imagination.

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...