Saturday 26 March 2016

First Impression : Pied Piper


I love Shin Ha Kyun, I really do but I cannot make myself engage to this drama. It's just doesn't make me curious at all.

For non romance genre, I find myself wanting to be at least curious about what's going to happen next, not feeling like wanting the drama to be over already when it's only the first episode.

This might sound strange but I find the amount of English used in the first episode very off putting. I know.. I'm that person who searches for Korean celeb speaking in English for fun but this drama made me do the opposite. I don't think the English is bad because I do come from a country that has English as second language, broken English doesn't feel odd. On a daily basis, you won't hear me speaking proper English but I can be fluent though.

I could actually relate to the drama a bit.. Kidnap incident do happen in my country. Which doesn't help my curiosity.

I was excited for the drama because I do like the cast, Shin Ha Kyun was amazing in Brain, I thought thriller would be up in his ally. However there are part that makes him seems less cool and it kinda tarnish the image I have of him which is the biggest factor of me dropping this drama. I finally get why netizen dislike character like Jo Yoon Hee. I like it in My Husband Got A Family, but in this drama I just cannot see someone who is supposedly top in the class but is not 100% confident. I want a girl crush.. not someone that I need to take care of.

I will keep on checking the reviews of this show until the end. I hope it does gets better but for now, I'm not going to watch it anymore.

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...