Sunday 13 November 2016

Jealousy Incarnate Review

Jealousy Incarnate is a drama of it's own kind. It's not like any other Korean drama I have ever seen in the past. In short, I would describe the drama as "Lovable Crazy". As crazy it might sound, I can't help but to tune it and enjoy the drama.

If I didn't watch the drama, rely only on short recaps, perhaps I would feel that the drama is horrible. It's after all, feature a really annoying main lead character to the extreme. Is it the power of Jo Jung Seok, I honestly don't know but he makes Lee Hwa Shin swoon worthy. Call it bad boy appeal but he is the guy you are told to avoid.

Gong Hyo Jin is staying true to her nickname "Gong-vely" is very charming and she basically can paired up with anyone and it just works. She is a bit frustrating in the drama with her indecisiveness.. Heck the drama is filled with indecisive people that use all means to get things they want. The family relationship is unconventional. Mix of various families that would rival weekend drama.

Speaking of which, at 24 episode.. this drama was not draggy. it felt like it was meant to be. I first got to know that it was 24 episode at 6 episode in. I was worried it would feel too draggy because I think 16 is a good number but now I think it's just perfect.

 I do wish Go Jung Won and Hong Hye Won would get a happy ending instead of just disappearing in thin air.. there isn't much closure for my two favorite characters. I'm used to Go Jung Won kind of character and I will continue to like the nice guy but can we talk about how hot is Seo Ji Hye as Hong Hye Won? I'm so dead. I can't decide which voice I prefer, Seo Ji Hye or Go Kyung Pyo.. let me have them both. I want more characters like Hong Hye Won.. between her and Kang Yina from Age of Youth.. this year winner for best girl crush is a tie. Maybe HyeWon wins just slightly.

There is a lot to digest from this crazy drama but I don't want to risk spoilers. It's fun but it may not appeal to everyone. I do think there's something to look forward for everyone though. There's a lot laughs to share, thoughts to pounder and some tear jerking scenes.

Watch it like how I did, just throw logic behind and watch without thinking too much.

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...