Friday 4 November 2016

Flower Boy Next Door Review

When I was looking for older dramas to watch, I tend to choose based on actors and this drama
has everyone that I like. I think this drama is what they would call a drama that is ahead of
time because all the cast are quite trendy this year. Yoon Shi Yoon is on 2 Days 1 night,
Park Shin Hye recently was on Doctors that had the highest rating on it's timeslot, Go Kyung Pyo
is currently on Jealously Incarnate and Kim Ji Hoon is one of my favorite actors.

Go Dok Mi (Park Shin Hye) is a writer that works from home and spend most of her time indoors
due to a past trauma. Whenever her part of the drama comes on, I feel like it's a melodrama because she's always in such a gloom mood. Enrique Geum/Kkae Geum (Yoon Shi Yoon) is the opposite of Go Dok MI, a bright and sometimes quite obnoxiously friendly is genius game producer who grew up in Spain. Just across Dok Mi's apartment, Kkae Geum's cousin Han Tae Joon lives in an apartment close enough for Dokmi to peer info from the window.

Dokmi thought that their meeting was a fateful one, she met Tae Joon by chance in the park and when she moves into her current apartment, she thought it was fate that he lives across from her. Go DokMi peeps from her window everyday to see Han Tae Joon way of living everyday. One day, Kkae Geum visited his cousin and noticed immediately that Dokmi has been staring at the house. Furious, he went straight to her apartment to catch her red handed and that was the start of their relationship.

I try to avoid reading synopsis of the drama and usually just read a short reviews without spoilers about the drama because I want to watch the drama without any expectation. Good reviews is just a guide to avoid bad dramas because no one should waste time watching bad dramas right? hehe. However while watching this drama, I felt like I would have not watch the drama because I think the drama is quite predictably boring. I wished Oh Jin Rak (Kim Ji Hoon) is the lead character instead. I know opposite do attract but a kind character that is so similar to the female lead is more suitable. Suddenly I'm reminded of She Was Pretty..but even then, I did prefer Park Seo Joon over SiWon, I mean I am a fan of Siwon but Hwang Jung Eum had more chemistry with Park Seo Joon then.

The trauma part was a little underwhelming, I don't quite think it fits on making her wanting to isolate herself to the world. I somehow wished it was something more. The mystery part of the story is also hardly something I looked forward to know more. This drama is watchable but I don't find myself curious. I don't think I'll watch this drama again in the future. I loved the cast, but the writing is just plain. I have to give props to the sets/location. The rooms and location is really good. I am amaze it look very realistic. Somehow Korean drama sets looks very bare and kinda like showroom, but not this drama. I thought the Webtoon artiste room is the most realistic look. It's has a lot of book (I presume for reference) and cloths are everywhere. It actually looks like they do live there.

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...