Wednesday 16 November 2016

Drinking Solo Review

After the success of Let's Eat series, Kdrama fans has been buzzing about wanting a drama of a drinking version because of Korean drinking culture. For me, who isn't a drinker welcome to the idea because I thought it would be good for me, I won't have a craving. I'm not easily influenced but I hate the idea of being hungry so Let's Eat was a bit hard for me to watch. Drinking Solo is more focus on the namesake title..not so much like Goo Dae Young food trivia explanation which I was hoping..but I enjoyed Jin Jung Seok's rules of enjoying Drinking Solo

Jin Jung Seok (Ha Suk Jin) has a nickname that fits his real given name, Jin Sang (which means jerk). High Quality Trash because although he has good skill and good looks, his personality is pure trashy. Despite his action, I never come around to hate him. He is the first jerk character I didn't hate hahaha clearly I love Ha Suk Jin.

Drinking Solo isn't all about the culture of drinking but it's also a story on the people living in Noryangjin. My first though of Noryangjin is the famous seafood market because if you search for places of interest in Seoul, Noryangjin Seafood Market is in the list. I had no idea that it's the place where young hopeful go to study to pass civil exam for employement. It felt like receiving a bonus because I love stories on youth. The dorm life, the friendship and how it's actually really hard to concerntrate on studies is so relatable. I'm sure the Korean working adult might feel nostalgic to watch the drama.

The professor story line was unexpectedly good. I didn't expect to know so much effort
is put on for a class. Maybe I didn't have the right lecturers before. my lecturers simply read text from a book, very monotonuosly haha. I really thought that I paid so much for a lecturer to read from a book loudly.

Key did so well in this drama and his catchphrase was a runaway hit. Usually the phrase "heol" is more popular but after this drama, everyone is going "ddirori". It's such a fun catchphrase, I'mma use this catchphrase whenever I see Key. Gong Myung is as usual a lovely character and I hope to see him grow into a leading actor someday but it's nice to see him going at his own phase. Chaeyeon is kinda iffy for me. I don't know if she's good actress or not but I thought that she wasn't annoying unlike that idol in Cinderella.. I hope her next drama, she would smile more often because she looks the prettiest when she's smiling. She has her own catchphase too but I don't think it would catch on.

Prof Min imitation brought a lot of expectation and it was really fun. I would definitely sign up for his class although his subject is only elective because I think having fun in class is important too. His story was sad, I can't believe the hospital inform the sad news through a telephone call.. He is my ideal type, I like that he is such a caring person. I definitely would not sign up for Prof Hwang class though. Her pronunciation is really bad, I can ignore the accent but the pronunciation is a no no. I love her honest personality but she is an English professor, she should at least be decent in English.

I wanted Prof Park to prove herself worth... I don't think drama do her justice on this aspect. I wished she would get a full attendance on her class by the end of the drama but sadly that didn't happen. I am not satisfied on her character. That open ending on her relationship was boring. Give me something better next time.

A lot of viewers are hopeful that there would be a season 2, I don't really think it would happen. If it does, I hope we will at least get the trio friends back in the drama. I think the Prof stories have ended for me, I'm quite satisfied at their stories. Ha Seok Jin did great but what is there more to add on his story? I'd like to be surprise but I do not want it to be like Let's Eat 2. That would make me upset.

I have to note that one of the Assistant PD in the drama commit suicide recently. I hope he rest in peace.

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...