Saturday 1 August 2009

Drama Review: He Who Can't Marry


KBS "He Who Can't Marry" stars Ji Jin Hee, Uhm Jung Hwa and Kim So Eun

Yes, you might have guess it.. I watch this because of SO EUN! I absolute love her in BOF, so I'm excited to see her again in a new drama! (Note: I do realise The Partner and this have BOF actors!)

From the title, I guess the character must be some kind of a weirdo and I was right! AGAIN~ but, it's funny so I'm loving this! I was rather share the same value with this weirdo though.. here's a roughly quote (from the subtitle)

"Marriage is seem like a final goal, everyone felt the pressure to achieve it. But if you had different outlook, it's not important."

"Yes, that's the beauty of being single.. you don't have to be stuck with a life support for your family.. I can choose to die by sailing in the ocean without any worries"

Hemm.. Kind of what I'm going to say in the future, but that's a different story!

The main character is a 40 yr old guy that owns an architect business. He a weird guy but i can totally relate since i'm weird too! If you're interested in modern culture.. this drama gives you an insight of what Korea thinks of being single at old age and marriage. I just learn it's weird to eat beef alone! Korean beef, mind you is not CHEAP.. expensive!

Sometimes, if you know celeb too much.. it feels awkward to watch them potray another character.. Uhm Jung Hwa as a DOCTOR?? LOL Kim So Eun is 27?? Kim Gunmo appears once in the 1st episode was hilarious! I was like "LOL Kim GunMo is soo pathetic, even in drama.. he is an old unmarried man!"

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...