Thursday 21 June 2012

KDrama pet peeves

I am not one of those Kdrama addict, but I do watch Kdrama a lot to improve my Korean. What better way to learn Korean if not through drama? This post is based on my observation.

1. Frame-only glasses


Maybe it's really just me, but I don't fancy glasses. I do need them sometimes but most of the time I live without it. I don't care if the characters are fashionable or simply bubbly characters but an older men or women wearing it? Do Korean Ajusshi wear them meh? I cannot take the characters seriously. In Miss Ajumma (as pictured above)..seriously? There's so many close up of her wearing the glasses and she clearly do not need them..after her transformation, it's not like she's wearing contact lens or get corrective surgery..

2. Pretty Hair all the time.

Is it in Korean genes that no matter what you do to your hair, it will always look good. I mean, using the picture above again..if she never had the time to visit hair saloons why is her curls so defined? And don't bluff me say it's natural..My brother has natural curls too, I know how natural curls look like. No matter how poor they are, they have the money to touch up their roots, curl or straighten or trim their hair..Maybe they did themselves but it looked perfect all the time. I haven't got any sort of treatment since last year and my hair is damn frizzy. Don't get me started on up do's.. like HOW??? Koreans, you're so talented in hair styling?

3. New cloths

I don't care for the rich..the poor characters also have new cloths all the time. At home or for work all the cloths are pretty. My at home cloths are faded and ugly. Same goes with their handphones. So rich can afford the latest model??!!

4. The infamous love triangle.

Love triangle is sooo lame, now we have Love squares, pentagon..maybe all of the polygon. If this happen in real life, wtf..this world HAS BILLIONS of people. Worst, it's actually very predictable. I can figured it out based on posters alone and sometimes by cast. No need to read synopsis, I will know which character will love who.

5. Speaking their minds out.

If I'm thinking, I never speak out loud. Why would I? If someone hears me how? And speaking of eavesdropping, their ears are DaeBak! So far can hear everything or maybe they talk too loud? There's no such thing as secret in Kdrama.

6. Everyone is connected

Kdrama makes the world so small. It's possible to fall in love with your brother's Boss's cousin and then you are related to your love interest. I don't know why Kdrama writers love complicated relationship.


No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...