Wednesday 7 November 2012

How Kpop Change my Life

Over the two years (2010-2011).. I guess I hit that Kpop slump. I kept on thinking "should I quit Kpop?" or "why am I still a Kpop fan".. You may think it's silly but to most die hard Kpop fans can agree with me that Kpop is not a merely a music genre, it's a lifestyle.

Now now, please don't misunderstand me that I regard Kpop is a religion.. It's not like that at all.. It's just a natural reaction similarly to football (soccer) fans or otaku. Though I won't deny the fact they are fans who think otherwise..lol

Since 2006, now my 6th year being a Kpop fan, I guess there is no turning back and only moving forward. I feel good about being a Kpop fan, not that I was good hiding it. I don't feel ashamed being a Kpop fan, but I sure looked silly. I am such a fangirl. I have done all of the following literally; doing Korean gesture..lol bbuing bbuing is so ridiculously adorable, kill me now. Jumping up and down when my idols won the charts and wave side to side, scream and fanchants during a performance..  That's why I never watch anything Korean with my family.. I looked like a 바보!

Of course there's the language, I can roughly understand here and there, not fluent.. But definitely a lot of improvements! My reactions are usually in Korean such as Aish, eh, etc and I try to tweet in Korean sometimes but I am still bad at spelling but you know what, so is Koreans themselves! That's why Google translate for Korean is not accurate. Recently the drama "Nice Guy" had spelling mistake on their title. Hangul is a little complicated. Plus, there's so many ways to express yourself..but that's a different post.

I like individuality but it's hard when you're a kpop fan. I have the need to be all girly but yeah, that's a baby step thing. Biggest change, I laugh a lot more now. I used to be the person without emotions, I never cried while watching movie or stuffs like that... I remembered the biggest laugh I ever had was while watching Super Junior shows, where I was holding on to my stomach, literally rolling down the floor. It hit me, wow.. Nothing has ever made me laugh this much.

Suddenly life has become more meaningful~! Yeah I'm telling in a joking manner but it's true. I feel that Kpop can cure my sadness. I feel more joyful about looking forward the next day ( way too many awesome Korean programs) and I smile more. :D

3 comments:

Nyasha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nyasha said...

First of all, it's amazing to see someone who got into K-Pop at the same time as me and felt a slump around the same years (for me early 2010 when Jay left 2PM hit me deep). ^_^

But I guess unlike how you feel to keep moving forward, I feel the need to slow down with K-Pop and listening to it less. I'm bringing myself more to K-Hiphop and more J-Pop again.

I still listen to K-Pop but I'm more interested now in how the entertainment industry works.

HallyuSurfer said...

I am moving forward but I don't necessarily follow the same pace.. kpop is too fast, like every week there's a new single. If I'm bored of the songs I know, then I would try listening to new ones.

Like wise, I read kpop news everyday without fail.

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...