Wednesday 7 November 2012

I'm loving Miss A I Don't need A Man

Their past songs were not something that I would like at first listen.. In fact, I still don't like Touch. Goodbye Baby was the only one I really did like. I only got to like their song because of their choreography.

I don't need a Man is special, I like it at first listen. I watch their performance in Music Bank and it was good.. I don't really fancy the choreography but I love the fluffy (my favorite word these days heh,) atmosphere of the performance. I like when performers smile on stage, that's my kind of stage. I don't like the MV.. I can't finish it.

Although I do love the fluffy feel of the song.. I thought it was off when it was combine with the lyrics. When I think of Female athemns, it always have a strong vibe which is like the opposite of what they're doing now. The message of being independent woman doesn't have impact, rather like "here I am telling you a serious message in a cute manner". Otherwise, they could have chosen "cheeky" concept. 

I was curious on who wrote it.. It was none other than JYP himself, like I should have known. It explain everything. Well, I am not sure if the other female athemn is written by females only but his interpretation of how women of the world feel about not needing a man lacks sincerity. I have read a couple of articles that their album is written based on Destiny Child/Beyonce.. It sort of a great idea but remember that you are bound to be compared to the original.. I wonder what would Beyonce herself thinks of that idea. 

Despite having this huge hole, in my opinion..especially so because it's suppose to be female athemn. I am loving the song and the fluffy stage, I am just going to forget it supposed to be a female athemn and just enjoy the music..which is tough when the chorus is so obvious with "I don't need a Man"

2 comments:

Nyasha said...

Interesting! I've liked miss A from the start and while I do like this EP much better than the last two, I still think the title song is very cutesy and I would have liked a remix version with a more hiphop feel to it at least.

HallyuSurfer said...

Yes, that would be great! I think the song is bubbly, and hiphop remix would change that. :)

Thank you for commenting on my posts, definitely motivate me to blog more. Hehe

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...