Saturday 22 March 2014

Album Review: SoReal Story

As I listen to this mini album,I got confuse as what SoReal suppose to be. The album felt experimental because it doesn't feel like an album for a ballad group. Then again, I don't usually listen to albums that much.

l. Missing You feat. Choi Hyun Jun.
Gaps! A full English song and it's acapella?! Okay it is under a minute but I love acapella! The English usage seems easy so none of those Konglish. (Not that it matters.) I wonder why they had to include Choi Hyun Joon, but it does sound good.

2. 심장이 말했다 (Shimjangi malhaettda)

The main title song. Refer previous post

3. 뻔히보여 (bbeonhiboyeo)
This song sound like a typical idol song that probably suits the clubs with it's heavy beats and electronic sound. I really like Jang Moon voice against the electronic sound. While I like him singing ballad, he does sound great in Pop genre. It's weird that the other members sound like generic ballad along with the rhythm.

4.남자답게 (namja dabke)

My favorite track of the album, I'd say they should have gone with this song as their main title. This genre is on trend and it sounds great. It even has a great hook on the chorus. I think this song shows more strength on each members better. I guess it's on the upbeat tempo that requires dance routine.

5.  한마디 (han madi) One Word

This would be another good main title song. This is the textbook definition of Kpop ballad song. The thing about ballads, it's a 50-50 chance. It's either a memorable track or not. Ballad tend to sound similar so unless it has an element that makes it memorable, it's boring. I assume they didn't choose this track as the main because it's forgetable and suits autumn best. It's not a bad song just boring

6. My heart says (inst)

It's worst without the vocal. doesn't make me want to sing along.

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...