Sunday 28 August 2016

Beautiful Mind Review

I wasn't sure I was going to like Beautiful Mind. I'm not particularly fond of Jang Hyuk, not that he's a bad actor.. just not my type.  I was intrigue with Park So Dam, she earn rave reviews from her film so I wonder if she would live up to the expectation. Based on the summary before the premiere... I thought it was interesting so I decided to give it a try.

I was really close to drop the drama because of Gye Jin Sung. I think Park So Dam did nothing wrong but her character type is my least favorite. That brass kind of attitude is a no-no for me. I like people who has a better action. Ironically though.. I actually stayed when she mellowed down. I like her when she fallen in love with Lee Young Oh. 

Lee Young Oh is a really special character. I think Jang Hyuk totally delivered his role to a tee. I just wished he was a little younger. Would it hurt to shave his moustache so he would appear younger? I love his voice though. It sounded really cool. 

I had a bit of a crush on the second lead but he is just becoming increasingly disappointing.. I don't hate him too much, he still have some good value in him just that I felt like it would be nice to see him being in love with someone. 

The side characters are full of fun. I love the power rangers although they seem very random. Dr. Yang is so adorable! I wished he was shown to have a good relationship with his crush. The cases in this drama is interesting and it matched well to the development of Lee Yong Oh character.

What I don't like about the drama? Obviously the politics. I think politics can be an interesting plot but I can't even bother when it doesn't really help the character growth. Beautiful Mind is a drama that should centralise on  It mostly felt like filler that I really don't care about. 

This drama was shorten from 16 to 14 and I'm really upset about the decision. It was announced when I was just getting started to enjoy the drama and they crushed my heart. I felt like it should have just have been 16 so the ending doesn't seem rushed and that we have a proper closure. 

I hope that if you're reading this before watching the drama, that the fact the drama is shorten doesn't deter you from watching it. I still think the time spent on this drama is worth spent. A lot of dramas that has been shorten is kinda bad but this drama is just unlucky. 

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...