Monday 1 August 2016

Dear My Friends Review




Dear My Friends has been a whirlwind ride. I wasn't sure I could go on, I contemplated of dropping the drama but somehow I knew that it's not right to mess with our elders. So I just brace it and continue to search on what I like.

In every drama I watched, I somehow feel like I can relate to the characters and this drama is no different. The character I'm most attached is Choong Nam. She is the main caregiver to her family, owns a cafe, loves art and sarcastic as it's best. All characteristic that I can relate, I don't have a cafe but I do dream to own one some day. I kinda can see me not wanting to loose to the young ones and kinda not refer myself as old. I think I'm half way there because I feel small for not achieving more in life. I'm a merely diploma graduate.. felt like I could at least get a proper degree.

JeongAh is another character I can relate to because she loves to give and care for somebody. I don't think I'll get marry but if I do.. I probably be like Jeong Ah. I wished she just care for herself a little more.

Sungkyun is not the worst character in my books, he's really traditionalist person so I don't think he's bad person, he is just educated such way.  I hate Sungjae the most! How could she toyed with Choong Nam's heart? I like that he is a smart guy but don't hurt my Choong Nam's heart!

I love love Hee Ja. She's so lovable character and I'm so sad on what happen to her. I think she is the most realistic character because I have seen character like her in real life. I knew she has a stubborn streak and yes, it is very difficult to care a stubborn person. You have to be clever not to make her feel like she's a burden.

Ssang Boon, Nan Hee and Wan, the only 3 generations family is not my favorite story. I can understand not wanting an cheating guy but not wanting someone who has disability is mind boggling. It is hard to live with someone with disability but it's not impossible. Not being able to walk isn't the worst thing in life.

Not forgetting our star, Youngwon seems to lead a glamorous life. She was in war with Nanhee but I'm glad they resolved the problem. I don't particularly care for her story.. it's not boring but I can't really empathise her story.

I'm trying my best not to give spoilers.. I think if you have nothing better to do, this is a good drama to watch. It may be a little depressing at some parts but happiness is there too. I want everybody to know that before they are known as mothers or grandparents.. they were like us, very youthful.


No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...