Thursday 15 April 2010

Black Day

Aigoo..I've been avoiding internet all week but I still didn't
finished up my assignment. My semester is almost finish, which
means project dateline is near..*shudders

Anyway, I felt so bad not replying to Didi earlier so I decided to
blog to make it up for it. Yup..all the work has made me forget
that yesterday was Black Day!

What's Black Day?

There's Valentine's Day, White Day and Black Day..actually every
14th is a special day in Korea but that's the BIG 3 14th celebration.
If you're an avid Manga reader or anime lover, you probably know this
already it's the same in Korea.

On Valentine's Day..the girl would give chocolate to the guy
she's interested with. So yeah, popular guys will get the most
chocolates. As for White Day, which falls on the following month is
when the guys respond to the girl by giving chocolates back.

And..Black Day is when singles who didn't receive chocolates will
be eating Jajangmyeon. Jajangmyeon is a noodle cooked with black
bean paste.

I don't know what is the literal translation of Jajangmyeon but I do
know it is known as Chinese Noodle in Korea. It's only found in Chinese
restaurant in Korea..own by Korean. If I'm not wrong, you couldn't find
it at a real Chinese restaurant in Korea...despite it being the most famous
Chinese dish. (I read it somewhere..or watch through Chitchat global beauty)

To answer Didi's question..

I've been to Korean restaurant in KK before but I always go alone
where I couldn'torder much..I don't recall seeing Jajangmyeon on
the menu but you could eat Hokkien Mee instead.. I don't really
like Hokkien Mee so I don't know where is the best.. :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------

It makes me happy to see new comments from readers. I know I have
9 followers on this blog but I really thought of closing the blog
a couple of times this year because I felt like there's a lot
of other good K-blog out there and I don't provide fast update. Thank You
for reading this lousy blog.

It's my last year in college, so I don't know if I could blog often..all
I know is, I really love blogging. Once again, Kamsahamnida Yoreobun.

2 comments:

Didi said...

Hi Mimie,so sweet of you to post an entry about black day.read about it,this is the link for jajangmyeon,simple and understandable

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jajangmyeon

yes,i agree,it's like hokkien mee.It's not so oily compared to Hokkien Mee and I'm loving it actually,hehe.I want to promote one place in Likas called Korean BBQ,downstairs restaurant.I was recommended by a good uncle in Bintulu Korean restaurant,Lintas to go there.I ate there in Likas on Black Day itself,guess what,i give a rating of 4.5/5!

I will send to you via email some photos of jajangmyeon I ate on that day,what's best is that you dont even need to order drinks,as they will give you and friends 900ml water FOC.

RM15 one bowl of jajangmyeon,plus FOC some side dishes inc kimchi,and 900ml of water,wow....

PS: The nice uncle in Bintulu Korean Restaurant will cook jajangmyeon if we can get around 10 people (one table) to eat there.special request.

HallyuSurfer said...

I know where's Bintulu Korean restaurant but I have no idea where's the Likas one..

That's a great offer!~ if I could find 10 people to go..

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...