Tuesday 27 April 2010

Korea invades Animax!

I haven't watch Animax for a long time (I'm a Manga person) but I randomly turn the channel to 715 on Astro and stumble upon Animax frequent ad on brand new image for the channel. I was curious..was it new layout? I'm interested in changes so I tuned the channel frequently so I won't miss it.

It turns out that Animax is adding Korean Shows! WHAT??? Yes, from the promotional clip, I saw clips of Coffee Prince and Goong!

So I check the website to confirm whether it's Korean show or just old drama..well, here you are the quote from the website.

Its change in appearance is also complemented by the addition of more live-action shows led by a brand new Korean youth-interest programming block to serve up entertainment, variety, reality and ‘idol’ drama shows, as well as movies.


With Japanese and Korean entertainment proving extremely popular with youth audiences across Asia, Animax which already specializes in Japanese anime and youth programming, will add on Korean live-action shows in the channel’s programming line-up.


From May 2010, Malaysian Animax viewers can expect to enjoy the Korean programming block including entertainment, variety, reality and drama shows, as well as movies, starting initially with popular drama series like Coffee Prince, My Girl and Princess Hours. The shows will be dubbed in local languages Bahasa Malaysia for Malaysia, with viewers having the option of catching the shows in original Korean language audio with English subtitles.


“With Korea and Japan continuing to lead entertainment trends in Asia, the addition of Korean live-action shows to our forte of Japanese entertainment enables Animax to live up to its promise as the region’s premiere youth destination. With fresh programming choices, a new look that embodies the spirit of the channel, and a whole suite of new on-air and on-line interactive opportunities, viewers can expect a whole new and immersive Animax experience that is truly ‘A World Less Ordinary’. Going forward, we are also expecting to further localize Animax for individual markets with programming and marketing initiatives to tailor to the needs of audiences in specific markets,” said Gregory Ho, Vice President and General Manager, Animax Asia.


Well I am excited for the changes but although it seem odd..I think I won't mind if they just stuck being famous for providing great animes. I wondered how would the otaku receive this news, because if KBS decide to add English shows like American Idol for whatever reason..I am to throw a fit!

It just show how much Kpop influence in overseas that attracts Animax to show Kpop shows. Hallyu fever anyone?

For more infos on the changes, go here. Oh btw, I've checked Astro AEC's Love Letter. It's in Korean Language but with Chinese subtitle and doesn't have the option of BM subtitle.

2 comments:

Elernt said...

oh. I thought there will be Korean animes, because Animax all based on animations

HallyuSurfer said...

Korean Anime would be appropiate.. Nope, it's really Korean drama..maybe they will have in the future..

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...