Sunday 3 March 2013

SBS Kpop Star 2 rant

I just watch the Battle round episode, and I cannot accept the fact they eliminate Yoon Joo Suk! The guy is talented, he can play the piano beautifully and he has that ability to control his voice! I really dislike the comment "emotional-less" given to him because no idols of these 3 companies are perfect in conveying emotion all the time. It's a competition, you get tension and nervous at the same time. It is so hard for me to understand their decision.

As a fan of music, sure emotion is important in delivering the song but for me technique is king. You just lost another talent right there. He just need some experience from the real life to get those emotion flowing.

Top 10

1. Bang Ye Dam

As the youngest in the group, I think he should have wait until puberty strikes. It's kind of tricky since male normally change their voice when puberty. He would need time to adjust to his new voice later because his voice now is not staying forever.

2. Choi Ye Geun

I don't like the tone of her voice, it's too unique for me. She plays well on the piano but will she be okay with just singing? I feel like the judges are most focus on her piano playing and mannerism rather her singing. It's no surprise since the judges are dancers

3. Sung Soo Jin

Never thought she would made this far, she indeed made an improvement. For me, it's just feel average. I don't get this show anymore, is this a boot camp? The fact a contestant improve is more important than having someone talent. What a joke.

4. Lee Jin Woo

I think I need those headphones too because I couldn't share the same joy when she entered Top 10. She's alright but that's it for me. I don't think she did anything remarkable.

5. Andrew Choi

Aigoo, feel sorry for him la. He should have joined Superstar K since this show seems to cater younger contestant. He has an interesting warm vocal that is easy to the ears. I'm not sure if he would succed well enough in the business alone but putting him in a group is weirder. He stll has that aura of a person working backstage.

6. Kim Do Yeon/Shin Ji Hoon

Doyeon withdrew so Shin Ji Hoon replaced her. Now this is ironic. What did the judge felt when she sang the last time round? Did they feel her wanting to move on?? Her song of choice is perfect for her but it has parts that are flawed. JiHoon, for me is great for what she is now. I think she should have focus on figure skating more. She's still young and having to attend to both is not only hard for a child, but adults as well.

7. Racoon Boys

I wish they had different name. Heh. I have no idea why I can't seem to agree with the judges..okay, specifically JYP. He said that MinSeok is a great rap writer. I don't understand Korean so I skip that but don't he sound the same in 3 different song? Brian and McKay did something different each week but the rapping style by Minseok feels the same. Acoustic is lovely on stage but I think they need something fresh.

8. 2000 Won

I like the guys but the judges kept on giving harsh review. It's so funny because YG doesn't compose/write songs, JYP is lousy with Hip Hop and BoA is not Hip Hop. I don't think any of them understand the genre well. I think they would have the most success out from Kpop Star 2 later on.

9. YouU

The name... Anyway, the girls were better in SM since SM are good with girl groups. I absolutely adore MinJoo and Soyeon. The rest are just OK. I understand why many didn't like them but I feel they could easily be molded to be a good idol in today's industry.

10. Akdong Musician

I would absolutely hate it if they end up working for any Big 3. I think the companies would have destroy the group. They were good before YG started interfering. I believe they're still young, have more room for growth but maybe by themselves.

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...