Wednesday 8 June 2016

Shut up & Groove



Dean can do no wrong in my books. I don't how he does it but he is my answer to music. I apologize for starting this post with Dean although this is Heize song. I have not check the credits yet but I'm pretty sure Dean wrote and produce the song because it sounds like him a lot.

I was a bit surprised to hear her sing. I recognize her name from Unpretty Rapstar, I have not watched the show but I do read articles on it because of my interest in Korean hip hop. I thought she did well. It isn't my first listen to Heize, she did a collaboration with Chen earlier on this year I think for SM Staton.. It wasn't my favorite song. I don't really enjoy her raps.

The singing method that Heize used in the song I find a bit annoying because it can sound nasally at times but I cannot deny that it actually works. It has a lot of groove and it works well against Dean's voice.

Her rap part in the song almost felt non existence.. it was as if she just speeds up a verse that sound like she was sing-talk. I don't mind it, I think it's cool if rappers don't rap in every song. I have one complain on the song. What's with the bark?? Sure it fits the song but it kinda breaks the mood for me.

Dean's ad-libs are on point. Some singers can overdone it but not this fella. He is so good. I wish he got more popular and do more TV appearance so I can watch his performance more often. From the not many video found, I think his LIVE performance is too good to be true.

If Heize continues to keep on doing similar things, I'll be interested to learn more about her. I don't know if I could have high hopes just because I like 1 song.

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...