Friday 29 April 2011

Another reason

Thanks to my friend, Pasira for these links. 1 2

Just few days ago I posted why I don't want Kpop to be famous and now, I have another reason. If you don't understand Malay, basically it's about how Kpop isn't seen in the good light in the so called professional media. The other one is about how Kpop is influencing the entertainment industry here like how it's happening in Thailand or Cambodia..you know the horrendous cover we saw on YouTube? but this is sort of different but following the Kpop style. It's written by a Kpop fan, so don't bash in the comments. She's just reporting!

Imitation is a form of flattery but I look at those pictures and you can't turn Malaysian to Korean, that's just too obsess! I just think bringing Kpop flavor in this country does not work. It's weird and awkward! Kpop stars go through rigorous training and put so much risk in their decision. If you really love Kpop, go to Korea la! I always wanted a Malaysian to be in the next idol group, and that's fine because it's by Korean standard. Korean Entertainment company knows what they want and they already get the formulas right. If you never got into the Korean scene, how are you going to copy it right?

I don't want this so called Malaysian version of Kpop turns Kpop in a bad light in this country! Why ruin something, that Kpop idols go through blood, sweat and pain? This is not the way to thank Kpop!

What a false report done by the media, and a foolish one indeed. As much as a big fan I am of Kpop, I realize there's flaws in it. Let's face it, no one is perfect. The writer should be objective and include some good points, but it's all flat out saying negative stuff that is over exaggerated!

I would hate it if one of my family members read the article and give me a hearing. I may called myself obsess with Kpop but I know my boundaries. I would love to go to Korea someday but I would never want to live there because Malaysia is my home. I'm comfortable where I'm from and never had I though of living somewhere else. I would hate if someone says I lupa daratan (uumm..how to translate this, it's like forgetting where you come from). If any, it's Malaysian fault. We're taught to live to 1Malaysia spirit, to called ourselves Malaysian as opposed to say you're Chinese/Malay/etc.. I hate that, I really want to be proud and say I'm a Sino-Kadazan. I love my culture and I wished I was more like one.

Opps, I'm getting out of topic. Don't say bad stuff about entertainment, because it's entertainment. Don't think too much about it because why make something fun into something boring?

Kpop Forever!!!

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...