Monday 3 December 2012

I'm hating Yoseob Caffeine

Yes, my fellow b2uties, you have my permission to virtually kill me now.

Unlike SungKyu, I know exactly what I want from Yoseob and this wasn't it. When I first got to know that Yoseob will debut solo, I was excited. I am curious of how the composer going to play with Yoseob voice because I think Yoseob voice is versatile and suits to be experimental. When I found out JunHyung was the composer, my heart literally sank. I love you JunHyung but I kinda figure you won't be experimental with him.

Then I got to know the title of the song is "Caffeine". Oh gosh.. Hate me all you want but I am reminded of 10cm Americano and I half expect it will have similar message. Not that I already read the lyrics, it's just by the title you can pretty much guess the meaning of the song. I am not expecting to be surprise. It's just ..... You know I'm still bitter about the "like a g6" lyrics in Thanks To.. I don't like this kind of referrence thingy. It's not creative.

The song was predictable.. Come on guys, this is already a risky move in Kpop so why play it safe? Junhyung, you're a rapper.. please do proper featuring! The part "You're bad to me, so bad to me" should be give to other background vocalist. I really don't have to say this but how can you f**k up the intro? I don't feel Yoseob sing-talk goes well with the instrumental at all.

I am throughly disappointed. You can do anything with Yoseob vocals and this song does not do justice. It felt like this song should be just in the album becsuse it don't feel like a main song. Maybe to make this song better, we need different voice. I only listen 3 times, I'm already bored of it.

Junhyung, please learn how to use hook from your good buddy Shinsadong Tiger. The hook of the song has to have impact but this is just meehh. I go back listening to Bang Yong Guk's I remember featuring Yoseob. That was an awesome way to showcase Yoseob's vocal!

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...