Thursday 13 December 2012

Random thoughts on Kpop culture

Unless I am sure the person is likes Kpop, I rarely talk about Kpop stuff in public. I'm not on Facebook and I always use my @HallyuSurfer on twitter so I have no idea about what the public opinions on Kpop. I read here and there about people opinions on Kpop but I usually forget the bad ones because I am a Kpop fan, I'm used to trolls on allkpop.com

With Gangnam Style popularity, whether I like it or not... I could see more public opinions on Kpop culture. I find more reasons why I didn't want Kpop to be popular. I love Kpop in Korea, not outside Korea. I don't want Kpop to change because of wider audience. I'd like to say I don't care people talking crap about Kpop but no, it's heartbreaking.

Kpop is not a specific genre, it's constantly changing according to trends. Ironically I hate all the trends. Auto tunes, hook and "woo woo" are the fews I hate. Oh, if you're wondering what's "woo woo", this year there's so many song with that sound. I hate that sound, examples include Sistar Loving U and Alone, Teen Top To You, ChAOs Kiss Kiss and many more. Listen to this examples, and you'll get what I mean. Let's get back on track, Kpop has something for everyone, it's something you need to look further than what's on charts.

I don't necessary love every single song on Top20. My kind of Kpop is varied, I typically love cutesy concept for guys because only in Kpop where guys can pull cutesy. I don't have to say it, however I know there's some ignorant need me telling them, Korean are touchy but it doesn't equal homosexual. As for girls, I love confident concept like Rainbow's To Me, Ailee's I'll show you and most 2NE1 songs. I'm into the hip hop/RnB scene lately, I love Phantom, One Way and Untouchable stuffs. It's perhaps more relateable than other genre.

I wrote this post for those who have no idea what Kpop is and talk bad about it. Before saying those harsh words, do some research. Don't spread the hate for no reason. I'll show you how.

"Justin Bieber is overrated. His dance is stiff and his vocal is not very impressive to reach that popularity."

What... It's only example. Kpop is flawless to me. #blindedbylove. Sorry JB fans, I don't hate Justin, just feel he should work harder on his skills. 

I don't ask haters to be a Kpop fan, I just want everyone to respect our fandom.

2 comments:

Nyasha said...

The Kpop culture has really developed within the last 3-4 years but the quality of music has gotten worse if you ask me.

Like you, I'm more into the Hip-hop/R&B scene which is sadly not that popular in Korea. One way is one of my favourite groups :)

HallyuSurfer said...

In a way, I do agree the quality has gone down..the music is heavily relied on trends so songs sounded similar..new music is released almost everyday isn't helping either. The performance stage was waay prettier.

However, I think that Kpop this year has been better, I rekindle my love for Kpop. Perhaps I lowered my standards.

To be honest I'm kind of confuse with this hip hop scene. YG artiste are very popular but not so much with other scene. One Way is awesome. Love their albums!

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...