Monday 3 December 2012

I'm loving Ailee I'll show you

It's a fact I don't really care for solo singers because I already love too many idols to try keep up with solo singers too. However my girl, Ailee is different. I somewhat know her early on because she's famous for being Wheesung's protege. Early this year she starred in Dream High 2 (it's boring..don't watch) and it's a shame they didn't really give her voice much spotlight in the drama.

Right after that she debuted with the single "Heaven". It didn't exactly wowed me because the song is something I usually pass on. It's not bad just personal preference. Then she appeared on Patti Kim special on Immortal Song 2. She instantly made me a fan. She's a rookie but her stage persona feels like a veteran. Every time she appear on the show, I know she will give a great performance.

My expectation shoot up really high for this single and she delivered! To be frank, this kind of music is something I have to listen properly before liking it. However the lyrics was an instant hit for me as I love the strong message it brings. It is strong yet classy, you want to deliver a message without being on anyone's face and this is how you do it miss A. The balance of strong message while keeping intact of feminine sides is charming.

This song remind me of the great "I will survive" by Gloria Gaynor. It's similar in many ways but in a good way of course. There are a lot of similar songs that have this theme but none really feel as classy as this one.

The ultimate revenge is to prove yourself better than what those jerks thought of you. Not only you feel better about yourself, you also made that jerk realize that it's their loss.

The song started slow and it has the eerie feeling.. Almost like a ghost who's back for a revenge. Come in chorus, it felt like a party or a celebration is going on. Perhaps a celebration of getting rid of that jerk in your life?

Although the song is not my kind of song, I really do love the attitude and the lyrics of the song.

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...