Saturday 16 February 2013

Idol Analysis : Concept

Idols concepts are a lot but if you take all the unnecessary adjective from the description, it really goes down to just Sexy vs Cute.

Cute

I love cutesy stuff, and cute concept is the thing that made me a Kpop fan in the first place! It's something only Kpop can pull of. Well, Jpop can be cute too but naah Korean bromance FTW! If I were to name 10 favorite idol performance, 8/10 of it are cute concept. I love group members interact with each other during performance, I love the playfulness of the song and I love they are smiling on stage!

However, cute concept can be bad sometimes like T-ara's Bo Beep Bo Beep, DBSK Balloon, or SNSD Kissing U. I don't even want to let anyone non kpoppers watch those, I'll let them discover it themselves.

Sexy

It's a tricky concept because the line between "confident sexy" and "cheap sexy" is thin. I love looking at choco...ahem, you know but it feels uncomfortable to watch sexy concept. 1. Because I know how their diets are, 2. It looks cheap at times. I can't count how many time I stopped mid way because it was so distasteful. Ahemhyunaahem.

There are positive things about sexy, it shows confidence and hardwork. I love charismatic sexy male concept and female groups do need to grow up from cutesy concept too.

Short post, but I want to at least write a post everyday.


1 comment:

Nyasha said...

I don't know but I've always preferred Cute in J-Pop and Sexy in K-Pop (although sometimes it gets a bit too much and pretty cheap sexy these days.

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...