Saturday 16 February 2013

Variety Guide : Immortal Song 2

I love variety shows but it's really hard to blog about because I am not really passionate, it don't matter for me to miss an episode. I choose to write Immortal Song 2 because today is Saturday!

Immortal Song 2 is a music competition that features singers from variety of genres battle each other to win the trophy. Each week, has a new legend and singers will choose the legend's song to reintrepret. At times, there are special week featuring old shows, holiday festival and many more.

The singers on show are part of fixed cast, recurring guest or newbies. The main MC is Shin Dong Yup, while Moon Hee Jun and Jung Jae Hyung are the backstage MCs doing commentaries with the other singers. There are 500 audience acts as the judges.

The order of who goes first is chosen by Shin Dong Yup, the legend or invited guest will comment on the performance. The audience will vote via pushing the electronic button. Winner will be chosen with the higher number of votes.

Here's a secret. I mainly watch for the commentary. I usually skipped the performance to watch the reaction. If the reaction is really good, then I will rewind to watch the performance. My favorite cast are Sweet Sorrow, Ulala Session, Hong Kyung Min, Ailee, B1A4, SuJu KRY, Infinite, Cha Ji Yeon, Jay Park, Hyorin and Changmin. Actually a whole lot more...but it will be a long post.

The program introduce more singers and especially musical actors, initially meant to showcase idols singing capabilities but idols are too busy to commit to the show. It's a good show for the whole family.

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...