Friday 15 February 2013

Album review : Phantom's Phantom Theory

1. Hide & Chic (feat Microdot)
2. 조용필 철럼 [Jo Yong Pil Cheo Reom, Like Cho Yong Pil]
3. Dutch Pay
4. 할 수 있는게 [Hal Su Itneunke, The Things I Can Do]
5. 손톱 (feat HJ) [Son Ddob, Fingernail]
6. 말 놓을게 [Mal NuhEulKe, I'll Talk Plainly]
7. 조용필 처럼 (inst.)

I don't exactly know how to start or how this post will be, I usually review based on what I feel at the moment as I literally listen to the song as I write the review. It's not like an in dept kind of review but if you want to discuss, just leave a comment.

1. This song proves how bias I am with Phantom. If this song is sung/produced by someone else, I wouldn't bother to listen twice, perhaps not even finishing it. The reason how I come to love this song is because of the awesome teaser! I totally got fooled by Hanhae, and Shin Brothers was awesome! I don't like the beats but I kept listening, just because. Microdot is Sanchez's brother, who was part of ALLBLACKS along with Dok2.

2. There's so much reason why I love this song, I already blog about this song but I need to say how I love the lyrics. My favorite part is Hanhae's "I'm not lonely because dreams caught me when I was young". My favorite song of the year so far!

3. This song had two teasers but both only featured Sanchez part which I absolutely love so I was curious how it sound like in full. Admitedly I was disappointed I didn't quite love as much I thought I would be BUT! I watch their radio performance, it was so fun and lively..so I ended loving the song. It would make a great main song so I'm hoping Phantom to perform it more in the future! Dutch Pay is a Konglish term for "going dutch" which means bills paid separately.

4. This song screams "CHEESY!" It has a lot of FEEL. Koreans would understand me. I do like the song a lot mainly because I love Phantom's voice in it but my face can't stop cringing for the overloadness of cheesy, mushy and greasy adlibs. Thank you for the rap parts, it actually bearable but ugh, the chorus is so emotional.

5. I don't know who is HJ but she sounds like Hwayobi with similar singing style. This song is my least favorite song maybe because Sanchez only rap in the song and it just feel mediocre. it's good but compare to what I've listen, this is just meh. The guitar was good and the beats are good, just feel plain. The good thing is, it felt perfect for Kiggen, I like that he started and ended the song.

6. Before talking about the song, let me inform you about Korean culture. Elders are always respected, there's two form of speaking formal and informal. Only friends of the same age or had mutual agrement on it are allowed to use the informal. So yeah, that explain why Kpop fans are always practising "Oppa" or "Noona". As you could guess, this kind of song is not my type but I can always find stuff to love. The song is full of wits, the lyrics made referrence to other "Noona" song, Lee Seung Gi's "You're my Woman" and SHINee's "Noona so pretty (Replay)" After several listen, the song got stuck in my head. The chorus and beats are easy to follow, it's heavy but it has sense of familiarity. The ending is 대박. Lol.

7. I can't find the instrumental on YT. I was hoping to sing along. Sigh.

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...