Tuesday 26 February 2013

Around the World with Mizz Nina feat Jay Park

Finally..... I can say this. I support my local music scene! Lol

I knew this since last year because @HallyuM (Kpop happening updates in Malaysia) tweeted about the rumor of Mizz Nina to collaborate with a Kpop artiste. I figured Jay Park right away because they shared the same stage on MTV World Stage in Malaysia last year. Then @NazimOthman confirmed my prediction, he is a Malaysian actor who is a Kpop fan.

If you wondering why the single is in English, Mizz Nina has been trying to breakthrough International market. I'd say she's popular in Malaysian Radio but that's it. She had Colby O Donis and Flo Rida collaborated with her in the past. She's good but ya know I'm busy with Kpop to listen to other stuff. She's famous for being the daughter of one of the richest person in Malaysia and is married to Noh, a singer in a band called Hujan. Fun fact, Hujan means rain.

Around the World is produced by Chacha Malone, part of Jay Park AOM crew. I love the song except the part when there's no singing part, because it feel like the beats are just put together randomly, possibly to make way for choreography? Jay Park raps in Korean is sort of surprising, will they perform in Korea? I wish Mizz Nina would slip some Malay just to balance it out. The lyrics are pretty disappointing, it lacks creativity (the part "I want to touch the sky" is meh) and I have to point out that Malaysia-Korea travel doesn't require visa, unless you stay more than 90 days. Yup, I googled.

I'm really interested on what other's think of the song. I know it will be played in Malaysian radio but will it reach Korea? This is sort of out of ordinary.

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...