Saturday 23 February 2013

Rest in Peace Sung In Kyu

Cancer has robbed yet another star from us, I'm so sad when I read the news. You know how they say, "no news is good news"? I knew InKyu was sick back in 2011..it really did feel like it was yesterday I read that news. It's so unfortunate that the next news was this.

Sung In Kyu was a rapper in a group called A'ST1 (pronounced A Style) debut in April 2008 and disbanded in November 2009. Their songs were 1,2,3,4, Back, Dynamite and Yearning of the heart (Boys Over Flowers OST). Please do watch their radio videos..heck watch all of their videos. It's not that much, since they only active for a year. I love every single video available on YT.

A'ST1 was my favorite debut in 2008.. Yeah, I love them more than SHINee, 2AM, 2PM and others who debuted in the same year. It's so ironic how I got to know them, DSP is a stoopid company who made lousy marketing move. Before the influx of foreigners in Kpop, SuJu was the first group to have a foreigner in the business, HanKyung. By having Tomo (Japanese) and Hai Ming (Chinese) in the group, DSP market them as a challengers for SuJu. It angers SuJu fans, including me because well, anyone could have misunderstood the concept.

So here I was prepare to protect SuJu to comment A'ST1 on YT..remember I am 17 back then, lol. Instead I fell in love with the group. Haha 반전! Twist ending. 1,2,3,4, back was my song! It was a catchy song and the boys sound awesome. Since then, I become a fan and you could imagine how angry, sad and frustrated I was, when DSP announced their disbandment a year later! I hated DSP so much, I even hated Rainbow. I felt DSP didn't treat A'ST1 properly like Rainbow. Ah, in case you don't know.. Despite the level of fame now, Rainbow was one of the popular debuts back then.

I still love the group, so I try to keep up to date with the group members. Jungjin appa is preparing debut with a new group in Japan, Tomo is hosting a show in Japan, HaiMing went back to China, HanByul is part of Monday Kiz and last time I check, Jangmoon is in Star Empire to debut as Impact. Star Empire......is so late. The news is old, please give my JangMoon debut.

I remembered the letter back in 2011, the one that InKyu wrote to tell his condition. i was already upset then, since before his announcement..there weren't any updates at all. Turns out he was sick. In the letter, he mention he wants to be on stage in the future. It breaks my heart, the dream was not fulfilled. This is so upsetting. Part of me, still feels this whole event is unreal.

인규 오빠, 사랑해요.

Thank you for all the joy you have given me in your lifetime. I really hope the other members will succeed for you. A'ST1 fighting!

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...