Sunday 3 November 2013

Studying Korean

Note : I wrote this post months ago. I forgot to post it up.

How I started to learn Korean is weird. I just find it fascinating that the Thai fans had hangeul on their signboards at the concerts. I go on Aheeyah.com and slowly learn some basic. I find it very interesting to type in hangeul on keyboard so it was something I did for fun. What made me really want to learn hangeul was seeing non kpop fans having Korean names on their profiles. Lol. I was jealous, someone who isn't a Kpop fan have Korean name? Absurd. So I studied more, till I could read without constantly checking the romanization.

Now being able to read Korean is easy, but understanding Korean is not. I think partly because there's a number of ways of expressing in Korean and spelling Korean is hard. I would have tweet more or even used more in hangeul if I wasn't so worried about spelling. 

My vocabulary is expanding thanks to watching Kdrama everyday and all I listen to is Kpop. I get little moments of happiness when I'm able to understand Korean tweets. I'm currently studying like 10min per day of Korean by myself. Yo, I'm a lousy student.

If I were to give a tip on how to read hangeul faster, read Korean subtitle on variety program. It usually appear in seconds so you have to pause from time to time. It's basically killing two birds with one stone, you can have fun and study! 

This isn't a tip, but I practice writing hangeul for better understanding. It's easy to type on keyboard, however it is more effective to be familiar with writing hangeul. I think? Hahaha still in progress.


No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...