Tuesday 8 June 2010

Idol Analysis : The leaders

Yes, HallyuSurfer has a new special post and it's "Idol Analysis". This special post is similar to my "Random Talk" post but only talking or discussing about the Idol culture.

Leader as you know does play a huge role..he/she is the person that ties all the lose knot. He/she is the image of the group for he/she is the one would be speaking a lot in interviews.

Usually in conducted polls, Yunho of DBSK always get the top place. It doesn't come as a surprised as Cassiopeia (DBSK FC) is amazing and a lot. Plus, YunHo does have the charismatic presence of a leader. However looking at the current situation of DBSK, I don't think so.

I'm sure you have gone through this..it's hard to pick a leader. I for one dislike to be chosen because you felt like been given a burden. I think that's why U-Kiss doesn't have a leader. I think it's doesn't matter though..U-Kiss seems just fine without a leader. After the departure of JaeBum, looks like 2PM doesn't have a leader too. I think..I don't read 2PM articles. I'm glad though, JaeBum is irreplaceable and I can't handle more heartbreak.

I think there are three type of leaders.

The eldest

Ranking is very important in Korea and respecting the elder is a must. It's no wonder why this is the most popular way of selecting a leader. I think it's better, it might be awkward if you're the leader but you're younger especially in Korea. Examples are LeeTeuk of SuJu, GaHee of After School, DooJoon of Beast, TaeYeon of SNSD and lots more.

The born leader

Although being eldest in the group, he/she may not be the right leader. Leader is someone that knows how to represent the group but let other shine. Despite being way younger, CL of 2NE1 definitely rocks being the leader, you see her and you think she's the leader immediately. Same goes to GD of Big Bang, He has the presence of a leader, TOP is charismatic too but no doubt GD is the one destined to be the leader. Other examples are EunJung of T-ara, YunHo of DBSK, Jo Kwon of 2AM and others.

The shy leader

Not exactly shy but I'm using a kinder words to describe them. You can't be an idol if you're a shy person! Would you believe me if I told you that Hongki isn't the leader of F.T.Island or HyunA isn't the leader of 4Minute? There was one time JongHyun of SHINee mistakenly introduce himself as the leader when actually Onew is the leader. Onew is getting better and I do see him as a leader now. JiHyun of 4Minute is almost invisible to me and I think it's best that the leader is the vocalist although JongHun is one talented guy. It's hard because all the attention is given to the other member..I observe that SeungHo of MBLAQ is going to be categorize here because Joon presence is a little too much.

(can't find the video of JongHyun mistake..but I've seen it)

So who do I think is the best leader?

It's hard to tell. YunHo was someone I thought who make a great leader, but I think GD is one great leader, he just brings the title well. DooJoon also makes a good leader too as well as TaeYeon and EunJung. I think it's all decided by their group members whether their leader is DaeBak or Jjang. LeadJa Hwaiting!

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...