Sunday 24 January 2010

MPV Review : 2AM Even if I die, I can't let you go

It's time for Jo Kwon, Seul Oong, Chang Min and Jin Woon to shine! 2AM is back with a new single call "Even If I Die, I Can't Let You Go"

Music



For a ballad, this song actually can be quite addicting! I love the whole arrangements as it's nicely done. I have like 2AM past singles and this is also the same. Hopefully this song can get more airplays. :D

Level of Likeness: 8/10

Performance



It's just a plain coincidence that all my performance review is from Music Bank okay? I don't know what's with the singers wanting to comeback/debut on Music Bank! Probably it's the first music show of the week. :P


Back to the review, I don't like that they start chorus first. I love the chorus but it sort of spoilt the arrangement. The stage is beautiful! I love the concept where the boys are kinda look through the window. ChangMin without glasses is weird! Is it just me but don't his outfit look like TaekYeon's outfit in Again and Again? LOL JinWoon's moment is a little bit off, too much exaggeration movement. Jo Kwon is the Man! Despite him being the "Ssanti King", his performance made me forget he is. Seul Oong look great but nothing stand out.

Level of Likeness: 8/10

Video



A rather interesting video.. Jo Kwon winter, Jin Woon spring, Seul Oong Summer and ChangMin Autumn. Can we not be more cheesy than that? Reminds me of Taiwanese Pop group, Fahrenheit which also consist of four members that are represented by season. Towards the end, there's some back-up dancer which I think isn't necessary because it look odd. As dance is always prepared, I don't like it to be included in ballad song because it's make me think that their emotion is not real. I only like the color of the video.

Level of Likeness: 6/10

Overall Success: A-

(grades ranging from A+ to C-)

Credits : JYP Entertainment
Reviewed by : MimieJay

2 comments:

JACQ said...

Yes I agree with you, it's a VERY addicting song! I love it already and have it on constant repeat!

They started with the chorus first, but that's actually the intro for the song, like in the album. I was just disappointed that they didn't have the mini- dance moves like in the teaser and also during the chorus in the MV!

JinWoon's over-expression is just like the MV, did u watch their performance today at Inkigayo? Same movement ni! hehe..

And it's too bad JoKwon didn't have any solo part in this song.. :(

That's my 2 cents of their comeback :)

- http://currenthitz.today.com/ -

HallyuSurfer said...

Hi JACQ!

Really? but the video i posted the music part it started with Piano. I prefer piano starting, more classy.

Hehe will watch, The song stucked in my head!

Jo Kwon doesn't really need solo part, he stands out even without it. But still, I do like solo part are given equally.

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...