Tuesday 2 March 2010

Drama discuss

If you watch Korean Drama regularly, you would notice that most story revolve around "love triangle" plot (and the current trend is rectangular and other polygon)

I know the plot is overly repeated but that the essential part of Korean drama. By 3rd drama, you can totally predict who's going to end up with who.

So here's the discussion,

"Who do you support in the battle of love-triangle?"

A typical love triangle story must have the lead actor as "Nappeun NamJa" (Bad guy) while the other guy is the "Chakan NamJa" (Good Guy) and the lead actress will be someone very cheerful and sometimes dumb.

I always like Good guy..I don't see the charm of the bad guy. Like most Kdrama, I know the Bad guy will get the girl. Why do I like the Good guy instead the Bad guy (which most Korean prefers..Nappeun Namja is quite famous)?

1. Way cuter.

We all have our preference but isn't it obvious? I love Jang Geun Seok in "You're Beautiful" but Jung Yong Hwa is certainly more attractive to me. In "Autumn in My Heart", my first Kdrama was even clearer in visual. Obviously Won Bin is way cuter than that thick eyebrows! (I know his name okay, it's Song Seung Hoon)

2. Better personality

Again, referring to "You're Beautiful", Jang Geun Seok character always annoys Park Shin Hye..it annoys me too! Kang Shin Woo (I mean Jung Yong Hwa) is just so angelic beside Jang Geun Seok! In "Taking Care of Young Lady" Jung Il Woo character is just too nice for his own good. Yoon Sang Hyun is "..." (lol, I only watches Jung Il Woo parts)Another good example is Goong, Kim Jeong Hoon!!!! Gahhh, I hated Joo Ji Hoon so much for having Yoon Eun Hye instead of the good Lee Yul!

3. Available!!

As mention above, the second guy always end up with no one.. I can't remember any drama I've watched that the good guy gets the girl. So it's like the writer's gift to us fan to fantasize with the available guy! hihi

Having said all of those, not all drama I wished the other guy would get the girl. I rooted for Lee Byung Hoon in "Iris" and Kwon Sang Woo in "Stairway to Heaven" it's the perfect match and no one should tore the perfect couple! Probably because the other guy is a jerk (Iris, Jung JunHo is such a jerk!!) or a brother (Shin Hyun Joon..as Choi Ji Woo step brother, cannot one le!)

Hopefully with the referrence, I didn't give too much spoilers. :D Btw, ironically Jung JunHo and Shin Hyun Joon are best friends in real life! :P

No comments:

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...