Saturday 2 October 2010

Samsung Galaxy S Review

When I first started researching for a new phone, I tried hard to not fall into buying iPhone or BlackBerry because it's too popular, I don't want to have the same phone as the person next to me. I'm Korean crazy so naturally I looked into Samsung and LG. Samsung had a lot of choices for me, LG was limited and I wasn't impressed by the design. Over a week I compared Samsung phones before deciding on Samsung Galaxy S. The funny thing was, I pointed at Galaxy S ad in KL as a joke when my brother ask what phone I want. I eventually got it!

My first phone was Nokia, it was too popular that my friends didn't have to ask..and could tell me how crap it was. I love Sony Ericsson that it was my second and I love it so much that my 3rd phone was another Sony Ericsson. The 3rd phone made me avoid Sony Ericsson phone at all cause! I hate it within the 1st month. Galaxy S is my fourth phone and hopefully could last more than 5 years. The longest was 4 years with my second phone. I truly regretted that I sold it.

My first choice during the research was Samsung Omnia HD..everything was perfect, the multimedia part was awesome and I had no complain until I got to know about the software part. Google Android was the big reason I choose Galaxy S. I do know that the camera function for Galaxy S wasn't impressive which is the reason I forget about it but I realize that I don't need an impressive camera, all I truly wanted was good internet. With the Google Android, I could get more experience of how great internet really is.

My review for this phone will be simple, here it is.

The Best
1. Android Market

Free Apps is more than the non free apps.

2. Interface

Love having HOME and APPS screen separated. I don't have to go through all the apps to search for something because Home is my shortcut. I love it's editable for my convenience. My first home screen has my most used apps and the second home screen is to control my battery life and memory used.

3. Swpe

It's fun to type with this app. I can type faster and making virtual qwerty keyboard more bearable.

The Good

1. The size

Just perfect. 4-inch screen is great to watch any type of video. The weight is light and easy on the hands.

2. Screen quality

It is fantastic but I do hate it's very similar to the TV upclose..you can see the pixel colors and I don't like it.

3. Battery Life

Considering the way I use the phone, I expect it to finish a day but it last longer than I had expected. It's all thanks to the power control that enables me to enjoy longer battery life.

The Bad

1. Plastic cover

I'm glad I have a casing for the phone or I'll have to stare at my fingerprints on the back all the time. I would love it if it was more solid but it does help it makes the phone lighter

2. Camera Function

I'm not a good photographer so I don't really mind about having no flash but I'm shocked to discover that there's no zoom!! I have a bad eyesight so often I like to use zoom to view something in the distance..The front camera is so bad in quality I don't see the point of having it.

3. Phone calls

My phone keep on cutting off...If I hold it wrongly it would cut off midway. I'm still trying to figure out the proper way of using it.

2 comments:

AzeeraAz said...

I've been a Samsung fan since Form 4. My first phone was Siemens hahaha still with those green lights and black text. Then my mum bought me a Nokia. And then i have 3 Samsung phones that i still use today. Samsung phone can last so long, the only problem i ever had to deal with was touch screens problems (ok, make that 2 Samsung phones). Other than that, my samsung phones are still good!

HallyuSurfer said...

:D Good to hear that.

My dad keeps on going "hemm, let see how long this phone last"

Koreamie~!

Hello! It's end of May and this my first post of the year. *nervous laugh It's okay..because nobody read this blog right? haha. ...